Hit a WCG (World Community Grid) milestone? Post it here:

Sapphire OET
oet1_5.jpg

Somehow I managed a Ruby badge in MCM
mcm1_3.jpg

But I've only been registered with BOINC since 12/10/14 :confused:

ciggwin, how many cores/threads do you have crunching? The run time is based on per thread. So a single core/threaded CPU will only get 1 day of run time per day. A hyper threaded single core CPU will get 2 days/day of runtime. A dual core non-Hyper Threaded will get 2 days/day. My AMD 32 core dual 6344 setup will get 32 days of run time per day if left on 24/7. So, if I just ran my 32 core system for 104 days, I would tally 3328 days of run time. That would be just over 9 years run time.

So, are you saying you have only ran a single core for 104 days or have you had more than a single core active?

ciggwin, how many cores/threads do you have crunching? The run time is based on per thread. So a single core/threaded CPU will only get 1 day of run time per day. A hyper threaded single core CPU will get 2 days/day of runtime. A dual core non-Hyper Threaded will get 2 days/day. My AMD 32 core dual 6344 setup will get 32 days of run time per day if left on 24/7. So, if I just ran my 32 core system for 104 days, I would tally 3328 days of run time. That would be just over 9 years run time.

So, are you saying you have only ran a single core for 104 days or have you had more than a single core active?

Quad core for probably 100 days or so (realtime). I only have one machine running at the moment. Now I understand - thanks!

Gold Outsmart Ebola Together.

And a non-badge milestone - thanks to some hex-core X5670 goodness, I nailed my first 20 day runtime day for WCG! So at that rate, I should have 6=7 days to Ruby, two weeks to Emerald, and Sapphire by the end of the month.... :D

I crunch for xtremesystems, but Emerald Badge, Outsmart Ebola Together. Silver Badge Uncovering Genome Mysteries and 13million points. (all this week)

Welcome WesM63.

Congrats on the milestones guys. It is good see the uptick.

Hit Ruby for Clean Energy Project and Sapphire for Outsmart Ebola Together.

Current RAC is 43k, shouldn't take too long to hit Diamond on OET. Clean Energy might take a little longer.

Finally hit five years for UGM!
ugm1_6.jpg

Maybe it was the lack of wingmen for this project, but it took damn near as long to go from 2Y>5Y here as it did to hit 20Y in OET. And, no, it wasn't an overhead problem on these systems. None the less, glad it's done. :)

Wohoo! Finally hit 50 years MCM!

mcm1_9.jpg

Does that actually show up for you guys?

Now, shoot for 100 or switch to something else...

That is pretty impressive EXT64. I also saw that you passed me in over all WCG points.

Right now I have it set to MCM and OET, though I only get an OET occasionally. 99% are MCM.

I'll be starting a shutdown soon as I make the move over to my new house. Hopefully it won't be too long.

Yeah... OET is set to a lower priority on the WCG servers so unless it is the only thing selected, it will be in short supply.

Started again after, erm...five years or so...does that count as a milestone? ;)

Back