Hit a WCG (World Community Grid) milestone? Post it here:

Aldamon, I'm going to be on you in just over a month if my output holds up.. :D

According to the Web site you're still trailing me by ~4K PPD in WCG points.

aldamon Average Points Per Calendar Day 19,925.75
nomad8u Average Points Per Calendar Day 15,495.50

According to the Web site you're still trailing me by ~4K PPD in WCG points.

aldamon Average Points Per Calendar Day 19,925.75
nomad8u Average Points Per Calendar Day 15,495.50

hmmm.. looks odd indeed. It might have to do with the fact that I signed up shortly after you did but didn't crunch my first WU until the end of August.

According to my attack list I'm going to catch you in early to mid January. (my AL shows 1/9, your TL shows 1/14).

Either way... I'm coming eventually... ;)

hmmm.. looks odd indeed. It might have to do with the fact that I signed up shortly after you did but didn't crunch my first WU until the end of August.

Are you doing other BOINC projects besides WCG like GPUGRID? All of my production is WCG.

Are you doing other BOINC projects besides WCG like GPUGRID? All of my production is WCG.

Nope, all of my production is WCG. Right now it's all Rice and FAAH until the DDDT gets back up and running.

I think those averages are based on the date you signed up and total points. Since I didn't actually start running for several months after signing up my average would be lower.

I'm currently running a RAC of just over 6200 Boinc/43400 WCG ppd. According to Free-DC Stats you're running a RAC of just over 3000 Boinc/21014 WCG ppd. I'm guessing it has to do with the number and types of systems we're running.

Congrats AgrFan. Just in time for this weeks update thread. :D

25k for me according to the stats on free-dc. WCG site puts me at over 200k though

Congrats AgrFan and sl1982. Nice crunching!

Does wcg use gpu's at all? I would switch my 8800 over to wcg if it did.

Since we are reviving old (but good) posts this week . . :D

Made it to 200K in WCG. :)

Nice work Agrfan. I'll be coming over in a couple weeks to join you on some WCG crunching. :)

Ruby Award for Help Cure Muscular Dystrophy - Phase 2 (1364 units returned)
Silver Award for Child Hood Cancer
Gold Award for Help Conquer Cancer

A few others those are the bigger ones

Nice work Agrfan. I'll be coming over in a couple weeks to join you on some WCG crunching. :)

Thanks metallicafan .. looking forward to the help .. me and themacguy are getting a bit lonely :D

Last edited:
Woke up to the "first half" of today's numbers:

CPU Time: 24:10:18:01 (yeah, 24 days of work in 12 calendar hours :p)
Results: 103
+ new Gold Badge (Fight Childhood Cancer)
+ new Ruby Badge (Fight Aids)

Will probably hit 250k WCG, per BoincStats, by morning.

Last edited:
Nice work sir. What kind of hardware are you crunching WCG with? 54K points in 12 hours is impressive. :)

The biggest producers are boxes with:
- i7 920 2.8 ghz HT
- i7 720 1.6 ghz HT
- Xeon E5540 2.53 ghz HT
- Q6600 2.4 ghz
- 4 x Xeon E5320 (quad) 1.86 ghz

Assorted lower end:
- PowerPC G5 1.6 ghz <------ A real monster, that one! :p
- Core i3 2.13 ghz HT
- Core 2 Duo E6400 2.13 ghz

Got a few more quads to set up for WCG work. I'd love to be able to turn in 300 WUs per day, as I'm at 200 or so. I think my resources are meager peasantry next to our production kings (F@H, BOINC, or otherwise), but I'm happy to contribute and help out. :)

But then, there's also my lonely GTX 260 (the i7 920 machine) humming away at GPUGRID, I think adding a GTS 450 wouldn't be a terrible investment.

Last edited:
Just added a couple more Xeon E5320 quads and another i7 920 to the mix.

My average is OVER 9000! :p

:eek: Thats some [H]ard crunching! I've got one CPU over to WCG but apparently Im going to need a few more to stay in front of you. Nice work!

Passed the 3 year mark and got another ruby. Should hit 4 years in ~6 days.

forgot to post a while back, another Ruby

edit: points - Points Generated (Rank) 1,526,419 (#24,476)

count - Ruby - x2(Help Cure Muscular Dystrophy - Phase 2[close to next badge here], Help Conquer Cancer)
Silver - x1(Help Fight Childhood Cancer)
Bronze - x1(Human Proteome Folding - Phase 2)

How shall I compete in the WCG?

edit::milestone achieved, installed. That box is unloved by F@H, it's my slowest. P2 x4 965.

edit edit:: 2nd milestone achieved, replaced f@h smp on a i7 920 and i7 950 with wcg at 90 and 88% CPU time respectively(I still have a 450 in the 720 and dual 480s in the 950 doing f@h)

Last edited:
That's a nice WCG/BOINC box. I've been running WCG on my 940.

I have a few bronze badges, but nothing impressive yet.

Back