Hit a WCG (World Community Grid) milestone? Post it here:

Ive got 2 quads each running 3 cores for WCG and GPU folding on the fourth. A P4 and an E4300 dualie that I'm experimenting with throttling two WCG clients (via Threadmaster + Threadmaster GUI) and a GPU client that I'm ghost folding with. :D

Trying hard not to get too much dust in the intakes from chasing FLECOM up the ladder... although the taillights are getting a bit dim in the distance. ;)

It's nice to see the team be able to jump a few spots in the standings. I hit 500k WCG / 76K Boinc today. My understanding from some reading at the WCG forums is that sometime in the near future, WCG is going to "get in line" with the rest of the grid and switch over to using BOINC scoring/points.

I agree brother nomad8u. Not about the "getting in line" scoring thing (I not sure I know anything about that), but I can honestly say I've never had any EUE'ing problems with WCG clients, unlike every time I turn around with the F@H WinSMP CPU clients (I ain't gots time to "baby sit" them and, besides, my quads are only OC' 3.0 Ghz and 2.8 Ghz)

I like the BoincView and BoincSpy monitoring programs for WCG (or whatever they're called) as much as I like the FAHmon and FahSpy monitoring programs for folding. I had some problem setting up BoincView to read both "networked" Q6600 boxen, but I finally figured it out. :D

I have about same as you, 2 quads, 3x (each Q6600) cpu cores WCG and 2x GPU's (8800gs, 8800gt) doin' the GPU2 client. The biggest difference would probably be I have a E6600 (3.0Ghz) doin' the F@H LinSMP client (I love them A2 core WU's, plus I'd like to keep my F@H ppd about 10k pernts :p)

What's interesting to me is I'm already #30 with only 36,916 pernts ;)

Foldin' and WCGn' for the CURE

but I can honestly say I've never had any EUE'ing problems with WCG clients, unlike every time I turn around with the F@H WinSMP CPU clients (I ain't gots time to "baby sit" them and, besides, my quads are only OC' 3.0 Ghz and 2.8 Ghz)

BOINC just runs and runs and runs.

Tried to register....someone stole my name.
Go figure. :(

Blasphemy! There's only one true relic in this world and I have it on good authority it's you.. :) I suppose next he'll try to claim the duck?

Maybe mojo would be a good sub. :D

Shite :eek: I've been kicking this post around in my mind for a couple of days and it kinda' bothers me. I can't speak for anyone else but myself (believe me, I wouldn't try :rolleyes:). I've always considered Mr relic as being an "old timer" at folding and computers (not age, but experience, IMO we're lucky to have people that have been tempered by years of experience folding with computers, of course in Mr relics case, his folding might have started out with that deal with the beads on a wire, only kidden' :p )

Back to the cereal thing, to have someone "masquerading" (even if it's only on WCG) as "relic" is IMO "not too cool". If I didn't know from being on the [H]orde foldin' team and asked a question (whether it be a "newb" DC'er or an experienced DC'er) to someone that has a "rep" of giving good advice about DC'ing (which F@H is part of) I might see his handle and take the advice as being from the genuine Mr relic. In the process of applying this advice I might screw up my boxen. :(

If it did screw up a persons computer he/she would do his/her best to pass the word along that any advice from the handle "relic" is a bunch of crap.

Maybe I'm making too much out of all this shite, I don't know or care. I just know I'm in "fat city" 'cause I'm a member of [H]orde team 33 and there are many very experienced folders on this team and the "real" Mr relic is one of em'. :)

Foldin' and WCGn' for the CURE

Ok...after brooding a while over the imposter (aka evil jackas$) I went with relic[H].

Do I get a fruit basket or something?

Why do people steal names?! :confused:

Years ago i went under Plasmic. Then I tried to register for a game and it was taken.... :mad:

Think of your own stuff people!

Ok...after brooding a while over the imposter (aka evil jackas$) I went with relic[H].

Good show! We'll ALWAYS know who relic[H] is...

@jws: Not to worry if he's posting here, he's obviously our one tried and true relic!

Do I get a fruit basket or something?

I'm fresh outta fruit baskets.. but feel free to borrow my

to hunt the imposter down and carve your new handle in his soft fleshy parts... :D

Welcome aboard to a couple of new folders this week. Moogdiesel (international) wherever you're from, feel free to stop by and post any time and welcome to our humble little WCG team! Your contributions are appreciated and your ramp is duly noted... :) Nice one...

Also a BIG welcome aboard to our one and only relic[H]! Glad to have you with us and see you're starting up a pretty nice ramp as well...

Congrats to all the team 1411 crunchers on picking up 8 positions in the world rankings this month! Nice job indeed!! I see a 40+% team return rate today for work and that is just SMOKIN!! We're currently showing at position 88 on Free-DC Stats but I see position 86 in our near radar so we're semi-officially @ 87.

Great job on a big push by all participating. It makes for a nice showing for [H]ardOCP in my opinion! Nie job one and all!

Sorry to "word-up" our milestone thread, but it'd be nice to see more of our contributors putting up some posts here as well. Let's put some words and places to the names I know so little about on our stats page!! :D Y'all are the best so let's keep rockin' up the ranks! No reason [H]ardOCP can't have two top notch crunching teams eh?

I'm REALLY hopefull that we can get our "home" stats page working sometime in the not too distant future so we can add our WCG badges along with our F@H badges and show some pride in what we're doing...

Man, we're getting so good at this WCGing that we help put the "humble" in "humble pie" See we don't go "neener, neener", we're number one in F@H and soon to be higher up in WCG too, but remain quiet and so humble :p

CONGRATS to all you Boinc WCG [H]ardOCP DC'ers out there, oh yeah, congrats to the people that aren't on the [H]ardOCP WCGing team too. (come on and join us, unfortunate people need all the help they can get and between F@H and WCG we're doing the best we can) ;)

"Badges..., we do needs some stinkin' badges for our WCG triumps" :D

Folding and WCGing for the CURE

3 million!

Congrats!

BTW, is there somewhere a WCGer can point me to look up milestones? While I've done some WCGing here and there, I still have a lot to learn obviously. :D

Hit 100k points (15K credits) this week :)

Last edited:
aldamon said:
3 million!

Great job aldamon! Keep pushing. I have it on good authority that the top 10 is going to be getting some additional company over the next several months... ;)

AgrFan said:
Hit 100k points (15K credits) this week

Nice... Keep the crunch on!

alan2308 said:
BTW, is there somewhere a WCGer can point me to look up milestones?

Here's our most awesome new Hardfolding team stats page complete with milestones.

BTW, just for clarification there's some disparity in the current points totals. Our Hardfolding stats page as well as the Free DC stats page both show "Boinc" points. The WCG stats are currently showing "WCG" points (approximately equal to (Boinc points * 6.886)). At some point in the near future (it was supposed to happen within the past 30 days or so but hasn't yet) all WCG points are going to be converted to Boinc points and will go forward from there. I believe the WCG points are a "carryover" from the UD days and the switch to WCG/Boinc but WCG never adopted the Boinc point structure until now.

For instance... on 10/13 I hit 150,000 points on Hardfolding/Free-DC stats which are Boinc points but equated to 1,032,900 WCG points on that day. So at some point going forward, we'll have to just start using the Boinc point structure I guess.... Geez... nothings ever easy huh? ;)

Anyway... count me in for a 150k milestone on 10/13! W00t!

OK, that makes sense about the points. So I retract my 3 million achievement and instead celebrate 400K!

OK, that makes sense about the points. So I retract my 3 million achievement and instead celebrate 400K!

No need to retract your 3 million. We'll just have another celebration for your new achievement! Any excuse to celebrate is a good one eh? :D

Geez... nothings ever easy huh? ;)

Actually, I think it will make things a bit easier that way. Half the world uses the WCG point system, the other half uses the BOINC system, so you never know which someones using when they say something. Plus with all the other BOINC running projects, you know where you'll stand pointwise if you jump to a new project.

And congrats on the milestone! I thought the WCG stats at hardfolding weren't working.

CONGRATS on your 150k milestone brother nomad8u :D

Warning: we gots to keep an eye peeled on that dude relic[H], he sounds a lot like our very own Mr relic. That relic[H] guy is "smokin' it" up the ranks, gonna haveta' watch him. ;)

Actually, I think it will make things a bit easier that way. Half the world uses the WCG point system, the other half uses the BOINC system, so you never know which someones using when they say something. Plus with all the other BOINC running projects, you know where you'll stand pointwise if you jump to a new project.

And congrats on the milestone! I thought the WCG stats at hardfolding weren't working.

I agree completely. I think it causes nothing but confusion having multiple sites carrying different stats/numbers. My understanding (which may be wrong) of how this came about was from WCG trying to woo/push/prod/cajole the UD crunchers into moving onto "the grid" when the UD project shut down. So rather than have all those people with massive points suffer a loss of points by adopting the WCG/Boinc client, they just setup their own system of scoring. Now they're trying to get this folded into the Boinc points system for compatibility. Sounds like they must have had some Stanford project management classes when that one was decided....

Our stats at Hardfolding came up with the recent changes King_N instituted at the site. I had heard he was working on getting them up and running and am glad to see they're working now finally. They only update once a day (where Free-DC updates several times/day) but it's still awesome to have them functional! Great job on King's part!

jws2346 said:
Warning: we gots to keep an eye peeled on that dude relic[H],

eye2mi1.gif

Got him covered jw!

So I'm going to jump in and celebrate 6,000,000 in WCG land which translates to 850K BIONIC points. I see that our team rankings are different between WCG's stats and free-dc.org. On free-dc.org I'm #4 on WCG I'm #3.

very cool with the badges :)

Congrats Bryce! Great milestone no matter which set of numbers you use. If you've got some UD points mixed in there, you'll see a nice bump if and when they ever get around to getting the points thing straightened out (on free-dc anyway).

You're laying down some serious ppd there. Don't slow down though... I'm sneaking up on 5k.day RAC and looking around for another quad... ;)

I see that our team rankings are different between WCG's stats and free-dc.org. On free-dc.org I'm #4 on WCG I'm #3.
Drives me crazy between the two as far as team stats. On Free-DC we're 84th but on WCG we're showing as 104th (or there abouts.. IDK it's updating right now so can't check). I don't mind getting bumped down on our team stats when the UD points finally get rolled in, but I kinda don't like that we're going to drop farther (I assume) in the team stats because of it. I guess it all comes out in the wash though...

FLECOM said:
very cool with the badges
Yeah... very cool indeed. Even better that our stats site is working for WCG now even if it only updates once a day. King did a nice job on it.

Just insalled the client today, looking forward to turning in my first WU.

Thats kinda a milestone right?:D

Just insalled the client today, looking forward to turning in my first WU.

Thats kinda a milestone right?:D

You got that right BLUEFISH44 :eek: Thanks for joining the unofficial [H]orde WCG team. :D

Wow! I go out of town for a while and you guys are kicking some serious ass by the time I get back... Awesome!

AgrFan: Congrats on the 20k. Nice...

metallicafan: Good job on the 25k. You're off to a great start. Keep pushing.

BLUEFISH44: You're turning in some serious ppd. Awesome job! Keep it up.

brycejones: The big 1 Million in "real" Boinc points. Congrats on a lot of hard work there.

aldamon: When did you sneak that 500k in there? Nice job man!

Congrats to all the team on a HUGE ramp recently. I'm seeing 50k+, 60k+ and 2 back to back 70k+ days. SWEEEEEET! Nice job to all.

Me... I'm looking to pass 400k tomorrow. WooHoo... :D

We're bumping 3 teams to jump from 77th to 74th tomorrow it looks like! Way to crunch gang!!

Wow! I go out of town for a while and you guys are kicking some serious ass by the time I get back... Awesome!

Gaining momentum everyday!! Nice going Bluefish44 - your doing some serious processing there!

Just broke 40K. Now on to 50K and beyond. Might be time to dump a little more D toward WCG. The client seems to be ultra stable! :)

Me... I'm looking to pass 400k tomorrow. WooHoo... :D

Whoops.... I'm an idiot.... that was 355k NOT 395k..I gotta learn to read my own badge... oh well, I'll be back for my 400k I promise! :D

Congrats AgrFan and aldamon on the milestones!

Aldamon, I'm going to be on you in just over a month if my output holds up.. :D

Oh yeah.. finally hit 400k too.

Back