Hit a Folding (Stanford) milestone? Post it here:

600M. Woot woot

cert.Skillz.600334365.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats ChristianVirtual! Congrats Skillz! And congrats jfb9301 for hitting that same 600 million milestone! I'm about a week or so behind you guys now, and Skillz keeps widening the gap. Gotta start selling off these 900 series cards and start buying up 1080s. I'm out of computers to fold on.... :(

Thanks! I've got four 970s I need to swap to 1080s also. And possibly place another 1080 or two into a spot with a single 980 ti and move it to the 980 non-ti rig. We shall see. I need to buy some speakers and a boat, too. Decisions. Decisions. Decisions.

Oh you know that F@H trumps a boat any day. Besides, if you upgrade your 970s to 1080s you'll easily be the top F@H producer for [H].... at least for a while. I thought about it, too, but I just couldn't bring myself to outrun grandma, it just didn't seem right.

I will be the top producer with what I have now. My 980 Ti was down for a week so it hurt production by a good margin. I got it back up Monday and I'm currently #1 this week on points already. It's just gonna take a while for my average to come up to speed again.

It will be a long while before I over take Grandma at any rate. Grandpa doesn't play.

Congrats Agent_N. I made the mistake of taking a break for about a year and a half and I fell at least 30 spots in that time. Thankfully I was able to make up the lost time. Are you folding on that 460 GTX in your sig? I remember those getting 15,000 PPD or more not too long ago. I've got a pair of them sitting on a shelf that I'd be folding on now if my office wasn't already 85 degrees.

Yes, I am using the GTX 460 for folding! I'm seeing anywhere from 15,000 PPD to 26,000 PPD, depending on WU. The CPU is effectively a 2 core with 1 core dedicated to GPU so it gets about 1500 PPD. One of these days I want to upgrade to a Pascal based GPU when a 460 equivalent arrives, my poor card is now a low end card in terms of performance. It has held up admirably as long as I have used it. I have it OC'ed to 792 Mhz for folding, but it can only handle 751 Mhz for gaming. Used to get 810 Mhz for gaming but it has contracted some kind of flaky issue that causes vid card lock ups if I go beyond 751 Mhz.

I've actually got a pair of those I just pulled from a friend's SLI rig. If your box can do 3-way SLI, I'll sell you the pair for $50, as long as you promise to fold on them.

EDIT: Scratch that, I just looked up your board. Darn those Gigabyte boards and they're Crossfire....

Last edited:
I still watching you in my mirror. As immediate counter measure I ordered a 1070; so hopefully on the weekend I can increase the hurdle for you mowing me too soon. :ninja:

I did... and I had it redirected to my house....:)
Crosshairs My Amazon-hack-fu was stronger ; they gave me 300 yen delay voucher (thank you) and routed the card back from your home to mine.
This afternoon I will put the Pascal magic in my box and ban you from my back mirror. :)

Now I need an idea what to do with theshadow27 o_O
(Hint to myself: new motherboard, Xeon and put the 970 back to duty ???)

Yes! Put that bad boy back to work before it's too late to use it!

Well, I have a few parts I can toss together to slow down my departure from your rear view mirror ChristianVirtual

I guess Ill have to start working on that in the next few days..:)

I give you some small advantage as I need to rebuild my CentOS. I finally have the card, it fold under Win but I want Linux back (the driver seems buggy like hell, kernel panics)

Congrats ChristianVirtual! Congrats Skillz! And congrats jfb9301 for hitting that same 600 million milestone! I'm about a week or so behind you guys now, and Skillz keeps widening the gap. Gotta start selling off these 900 series cards and start buying up 1080s. I'm out of computers to fold on.... :([/QUOTE

and this is how I found out I had crossed 600M......

Thanks, and congrats everyone.

I've been really busy with school. Still waiting for a little more supply and competition in the 1080 market.

You guys are having way too much fun. I'm in temporary shutdown mode for the summer since it gets pretty hot here in flyover country, California.

Well son of a bitch. My GIGABYTE GA-X99P-SLI motherboard/rig is now in a boot-loop after rebooting it. Can't get it to POST to save my life. Requesting an RMA now. This is will cut my PPD nearly in half now. 2M PPD down.

Well son of a bitch. My GIGABYTE GA-X99P-SLI motherboard/rig is now in a boot-loop after rebooting it. Can't get it to POST to save my life. Requesting an RMA now. This is will cut my PPD nearly in half now. 2M PPD down.
Ouch, hopefully you get it smooth exchanged ... Any idea on the reason ? Lightning, too many AMD 480's ?

I'd stay away from Windows 10 if I were you, too. I've been having some issues with a few of my rigs with 10 on them spontaneously rebooting (Win10 issue, found a workaround) and coming to a black screen after reboot. If so, I'd highly recommend going back to 7, which is what I'll be doing on all future rigs until M$ gets their head out of their backsides. I've had pretty good luck with Gigabyte in recent years. I think I've done two RMAs in 5 years in about 50 or more builds, so that's good stats from my perspective. On the bright side, now I've got a few days to catch up to you a bit in points. Better get that advanced RMA or I might catch up to you. ;)

Back