Hit a Folding (Stanford) milestone? Post it here:

I don't pay the electric bill............

The SWMBO does, tho I probably should, just so she can't see it. Lord knows folding was easier on me when I payed it and she never saw it.

That's an interesting concept ... How ? Would love to adopt. ;)
I also don't pay, the power company take the money direct from my account :facepalm:

It's a simple task really. Just convince a corporate operation that your I.T. skills are invaluable. They invite you to have an office at their facility to keep you close and avoid paying trip charges. Bing, bang, boom, free office and free electric. Of course "free" is a relative term. I don't get paid for that trip three times a week now. So I guess you could say I'm trading my time for electricity. Now I just have to solve that pesky "my office is 85 degrees" problem....

And GRATZ JFB!! I hope to meet you at that milestone in a couple of months. Of course I won't hold out for #1. I'm pretty sure that even if I could pay for that many cards, the heat would cook me before I beat Grandma for point production. But that was never my goal. My goal was to fold in memory of my own grandma. And I think 3M PPD is my nerdy way of showing it. It's too bad that EVGA pays for their folders. Everyone I know here folds for the cause. That's why as long as I fold it will be [H]ard Folding. G'night all.

Come on you guys here's how it ought to go: 1) sign up for auto pay for electric bill 2) have statements sent to you via email 3) hope SWMBO does not notice 1 or 2.

Last edited:
Congrats on the milestones all. (y)(y)

Yes, make sure SWMBO does not ever see the electric bill in any way, shape or form. I spend £95 a month on folding electric but as I do all the net banking/bill paying she is none the wiser;)

......By the time I get anywhere near that page you'll have to be in the billion point club just to be a member.

Top 90 now. And yes, you are correct. The 1B pernts club is not what it used to be.
I first hit the front page in September 2012 and I think my points were around 220 million.

Made it to 40 million, finally. I've estimated that 1,000.000 points costs me about $1 on my electric bill. I only hope that the supported research ultimately makes someone's life better.

cert.waderunner.40332025.jpg

Hit blackjack on our team in the rankings. Managed to stay ahead of Skillz for that duration, but that's going to change shortly. Congrats, Skillz, for top PPD for the team! I should be trailing you a place or two until we get close to the 1 BN pts club, at which point I'll probably have to sell the cards. It was a fun race. Congrats again.

-MGM

Thanks. Not sure how much longer I can keep all my boxen going. Temps are getting warm and so is my house. Gonna have to turn the AC on soon. 75+ temps during the day is getting old. Luckily it drops below 72 at night. Those are inside temps, too.

Plus I've been traveling a lot the past couple weeks between a vacation and work so that's helped a lot.

Skillz, congrats.... and you'll get me soon. I am working on my shelter.... when I am not putting 50+ hours a week at school...

I don't think it will be that soon. It was 83F in my house when I got home today. That's out. I had to leave haha

I don't think it will be that soon. It was 83F in my house when I got home today. That's out. I had to leave haha

And that's why I don't OC squat. I run all but 2 of my 980 Tis and one of my 970s in a 200 square foot office. There's AC, but there's also 5 large, drafty windows. Doesn't hurt in Winter, but Summer months play hell on the space. I keep edging towards 90F, but luckily all of my boxen can handle that. Me, on the other hand, I can only stay in the office an hour or two at a time before it feels a bit too tropical. I'd say this is the argument to fold in Alaska, but their electrical costs are quite high. I'm lucky to live in a state where electricity costs are some of the lowest in the nation. Worst case scenario I shuffle a card or two in some other rooms and it should level out the heat problem. Don't let up too much, Skillz, or I might pass you again. :borg:

Thanks guys. Luckily this past week has been cooler than normal so I've been able to rock 100% with the exception of a few issues here and there.

Soon as the 1080 comes out I am considering getting a 2-way SLI build to replace my single 980 Ti HTPC build for 4K gaming.

Ouch! I finally check my stats only to find myself being mowed twice within the last week or so.

tj,

They're gonna roll right over me too..... just not in the same week.

Working 12 hours shifts this past week has really helped me stay out of the hot ass house during the day. Then cool ~60F nights really make sleepy time bearable with the windows wide open. I woke up this morning and it was 61F in my bedroom and my ceiling fan on full blast. It was EXTREMELY hard to get out of bed.

Several years ago a [H]ard folder by the name of Veeb0rg was active and I never thought I would catch up to him with the paltry 1,500 PPD that I was folding at. I am now 2 weeks away from mowing over him!

I guess my milestone is I finally broke 20 million!

Mowing Veeb0rg.jpg

Congrats Agent_N..... I always root for the tortoise. You seem to be keeping the same tactic as me. Not always folding in the highest club, but never shutting down. Slow and steady wins the race.

Congrats Agent_N. I made the mistake of taking a break for about a year and a half and I fell at least 30 spots in that time. Thankfully I was able to make up the lost time. Are you folding on that 460 GTX in your sig? I remember those getting 15,000 PPD or more not too long ago. I've got a pair of them sitting on a shelf that I'd be folding on now if my office wasn't already 85 degrees.

Back