Hit a Folding (Stanford) milestone? Post it here:

Wow.

I've been folding for almost 10 YEARS and have now where near that many points. I have more WU's tho ;)

Still... billion points in 6 months, excellent.

I started folding for another team (1115) years ago and racked up over 29K WUs. Now I've got almost 38K total for the right team. :)

I started folding for another team (1115) years ago and racked up over 29K WUs. Now I've got almost 38K total for the right team. :)

:)

/high five

I've never had a lot of CPU behind folding. For a couple years, it was a single, single core CPU. Lucky enough to have been able to borg a few rigs at work. For those like you that fold like mad with massive CPU power behind it - my hat off --

Fold On!

100 MILLION, woot

sigimage.php

What took you so long?

Fold On!

WTF.....

How the hell do you end up with 10m ppd Mtnduey? That's worthy of a milestone mention I would say.

You top producers amaze me, great work!

Fold for t[H]ose you love :)

Top 10 #33 PPD and Top 50 Global PPD. Thought I might mention it before I sell a pair of gtx680's and my ppd drops a bit..... but it's only to upgrade my xeons in the near future :p

So, broke 30mil today, nothing too impressive but still chugging along. Hoping to add an i2p to my arsenal to fend off you goons

Fine work terrabyte89 and Bob_Dole. More i2P power never hurt the [H]orde and turning in a top 10 PPD here is rather [H]ard, nicely played.

In related news, 400M [H]ard earned points from me. :cool:

Nice job! Hey, here's an idea. We should start a club for high WU counts. Something like "Work Unit Warriors" and you can only join if you've crunched 25,000 WUs or something along those lines. Beekeeper and FLECOM will be our co-presidents (BTW it looks like Beekeeper recently overtook FLECOM as the WU champion with an astounding 363,625 work units. Truly [H]) http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&srt=5&t=33

Nice job! Hey, here's an idea. We should start a club for high WU counts. Something like "Work Unit Warriors" and you can only join if you've crunched 25,000 WUs or something along those lines. Beekeeper and FLECOM will be our co-presidents (BTW it looks like Beekeeper recently overtook FLECOM as the WU champion with an astounding 363,625 work units. Truly [H]) http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&srt=5&t=33

Insane # of WU's.

If there's gonna be a "WU Warriors", there's also those of us that have been folding for many years (decade + for me). There are those that been folding longer (FILECOM being one of them). I don't even want to think of the $ in electricity I've spent on all this -- it's for a great cause and best of all.. FOR SCIENCE!

Bit of personal info: Science is one of the words my 18mo grand daughter says and understands (usually when referring to Symphony of Science)

He probably wouldn't mention himself, but let's not forget that Atlasfolder had 798,351 WU's before he started folding with us.

Passed 200 mio points a few days ago (took me almost 6 months, slow by brilong's standards)
passed Nathan_P yesterday night (high mate :) )
will enter Top200 of the ww community in the next 36 hrs. (trying to move up from top30 to top20 in the ww 24hrs ranking. A GTX 780 Ti will arrive on monday :))

still a long way to go ....
.... keeping folding ....

Passed 200 mio points a few days ago (took me almost 6 months, slow by brilong's standards)
will enter Top200 of the ww community in the next 36 hrs. (trying to move up from top30 to top20 in the ww 24hrs ranking. A GTX 780 Ti will arrive on monday :))

Thanks for the mowing, nothing I could do to stop that:)

Congrats for the output and the coming research regarding the GTX 780 Ti (do you have a plan to compare it with a GTX 780 GE and its GK110 new revision yielding boost > 1070 MHz ? :D)

From my side I passed the 75 million milestone this morning.

Congrats for the output and the coming research regarding the GTX 780 Ti (do you have a plan to compare it with a GTX 780 GE and its GK110 new revision yielding boost > 1070 MHz ? :D)

From my side I passed the 75 million milestone this morning.
If there is interest, I can compare it to the original GTX 780 when they were originally deliverd and the GTX Titan, also in its original configuration. With the 780 Ti and the QBR based work units we are inching closer an closer to the energy efficiency of BA systems. I am curious at which frequency it can run stable. Combined with the 12 stream processors (2880 shaders) it might well be able to pass 200k ppd sustainably.

BTW, congrats to the 75m mark.

rgds, Andy

Why nobody ever tells you this: your computer might have spare cpu time, but thing they don't say is: it increase your electricity cost and it wears your cpu. Man so many lies even now. Well to be honest i never seen or heard of damaged CPU due to too much computing, but electricity bill is more than real. Especially when using GPU too.
I do einstein/pogs at work, but at home? Rarely, maybe to test my OC stability but, not really for anything else.

Why nobody ever tells you this: your computer might have spare cpu time, but thing they don't say is: it increase your electricity cost and it wears your cpu. Man so many lies even now. Well to be honest i never seen or heard of damaged CPU due to too much computing, but electricity bill is more than real. Especially when using GPU too.
I do einstein/pogs at work, but at home? Rarely, maybe to test my OC stability but, not really for anything else.

I... don't even know where to start with this.
Everyone I've talked to here is very up front about the increased power use, and if power is a concern for you, you probably know it already.
As for "wearing" the cpu or damage due to "too much computing"? Computing doesn't damage the cpu - that would be a little contrary to its purpose.
What can damage your cpu is heat and voltage, both of which are well known phenomena inside and outside of DC.
If your hardware isn't adequately cooled or degrades due to overvolting, then that's a problem you eventually would have had regardless of any DC work you may be doing.

Lastly, what is this doing in the Milestone thread?

Anyway, I should cross 25 million today, to pull things back on topic.

Last edited:
Well i guess, i hit 200k combined, einstein,pogs and seti score. Moving to 300k i guess.

Finally top 100 :). Now if I could only get my farm folding full power consistently! (And if my ram would hurry up and arrive!)

Hit ten million the other day. It took me years to hit three million back in '06, and only a few months recently to jump from there to ten.

Funny thing Moore's Law.

I'm sitting at #179 (231m) for FAH...come and get me!!! :p

92 on the team now, about to break 60mil, and steadily chugging along at about 1-1.4Mil PPD.

Keep on going [H]ard for [H]umanity guys and gals!

Back