Hit a Folding (Stanford) milestone? Post it here:

YEA 100 Million

Well took longer than I expected, 5 months 4 days :D

Screenshot-1.png

Last edited:
I just passed 8 million points. Had over a million last month. Starting to pick up some speed. :)

:) It's a great feeling hitting these milestones. :)

Passed 9 Million points this morning, and 11600 WU's

Not bad for 7 years of folding... slow and steady.

I'm coming for ya' Tim! I'll see you in my rear view mirror in about a month or so. :p

We'll have to have a beer (or a glass of scotch) as you pass by :D

I've never had a much hardware folding - Lot's of folks have passed me by :) I remember being in the top 100 for the team at one point! 2006 or so I think it was. I'm happy to have contributed for as long as I have - even if just a wee bit of the total.

don't really have many points comparatively speaking .. but I have a few wu's under mah belt ..
cert.ThreeDee.63011.jpg

Actually its not, his 63k WU is "only" worth 29.6mil points. but that opens up a whole argument and I have no desire to go there

Even more amazing is that this number puts him at 29 on the team by WU count. Given that places 2-5 have had issues in nov-jan with corrupt WU, that puts him at 25th.

Very, very impressive and i'm guessing a single SMP client and a couple of gpu's?

My point exactly being, that many WUs completed is "as impressive" if not more than, 100M points, in my opinion.

Actually its not, his 63k WU is "only" worth 29.6mil points. but that opens up a whole argument and I have no desire to go there

Even more amazing is that this number puts him at 29 on the team by WU count. Given that places 2-5 have had issues in nov-jan with corrupt WU, that puts him at 25th.

Very, very impressive and i'm guessing a single SMP client and a couple of gpu's?

I was the assistant IT guy at a school for troubled teens running lots uniprocessor clients a bunch of Athlon XP, P3/4, and a couple Athlon 64 single core chips years ago.. nowadays I run a bunch of different boxes with different clients:

i2600k w/16gb DDR3 running smp -8 24/7 + part time 4600GTX gpu client (main rig)
e6600 w/4gb DDR2 running part time smp (tv computer)
e6600 w/4gb DDR2 running 24/7 smp (daughters computer)
Pentium D 2.8ghz w/2gb DDR2 running 9800GT + uniprocessor 24/7 (file server)
s478 Northwood 2.6ghz Celeron w/3gb DDR running uniprocessor 24/7 (garage music box)
Atom 230(?) single core w/HT w/4gb ECC DDR2 running linux smp 24/7 (smoothwall box)

..nothing optimized ... lots of wasted electricity .. just installed the respective clients and let them do their thing ... so I guess i get a bunch of wu's done .. just not a lot of points to show for them. The competitive side of me gets a smidge frustrated at times .. but the rational side of me reminds me that it's about the work getting done to hopefully find some cures and save some lives .. and everything helps.

my hats off to all my fellow folders out there .. :cool:

I'll hit 75 million points in 3 days, and in about 2-3 weeks I'll cross 22,000 WU's.

My milestone is finally breaking back into the top 300 world wide for total points. Took me 2 years to get back here and boy how things have changed. I'm close to breaking into the top 40 again team wise, was at 33 when I deployed.

I'm set to hit 9 million tonight. Not as much as some of you others, but still going strong with what little hardware I have!

Back