Hisense U9DG 75" dual cell tv $2500CAN/2KUS

Pretty ingenious workaround to LCD weaknesses honestly. If they were able to pull this out earlier to OLED's taking over, could of made a lot of money off the tech.

Pretty ingenious workaround to LCD weaknesses honestly. If they were able to pull this out earlier to OLED's taking over, could of made a lot of money off the tech.
Didn't sony make one years ago? I think the contrast panel was only 1080p and the color on top was 4k though.

Yeah, interesting tech for sure, but lack of VRR, only 2x HDMI 2.1 ports (one of which is eARC so your speaker bar/receiver would be on it), and its relatively slow (compared to LG's OLEDs) pixel response times, it definitely a deal breaker for me since I game on my TV as much as I watch content on it. I've been pretty happy with my C9 OLED the past few years, but I'm considering replacing it with a newer C1/C2 for 60-120Hz VRR support on consoles (C9 only does 40-60Hz VRR) and also just for the brighter panel.

Didn't sony make one years ago? I think the contrast panel was only 1080p and the color on top was 4k though.
Yes, Linus covers that in the video in OP. Sony's TV was 30k in 2019 though and this one is 1/10th of that or close to 1/30th according to some comments when it was apparently on sale for $1200 or so at the end of March.

Yes, Linus covers that in the video in OP. Sony's TV was 30k in 2019 though and this one is 1/10th of that or close to 1/30th according to some comments when it was apparently on sale for $1200 or so at the end of March.
Sounds like sony, this is probably the best solution till micro-led's become cheap enough.

Sounds like sony, this is probably the best solution till micro-led's become cheap enough.
That TV wasn't for the consumer market. The Hisense seems like a great TV for everything but gaming.

Back