HIS X1900GT with ICEQ3 clicking noise

yohan s

n00b
Hi, I have had my new setup with HIS X1900GT ICEQ3 since october, and up until today it's been great. As I turned on my computer today I heard this clicking noise coming from the machine, as if the HDD was busy, so I ignored it. As I booted into Windows and everything was idle, I could still hear it. So I opened up and the source of the problem is my video card's fan - it clicks as it spins. I've heard people have had this problem before but I didn't see a solution for it so I'm asking for your help on this topic. Any help is appreciated. :)

Get a new fan or find out if there is a wire or something hitting the fan.

The liklihood that you have a hair or somthing in the fan causing the clicking noise is a good possibility. Happened to me once. Might want to get some canned air and blow the sucker out or look for hairs, seriously.

Entitled to a replacement? Only if its an actual Defective product. I do this kind of crap all day long, I fix cell phones. I have to make a judgement call on whether the customer is Entitled to a replacement unit or not. However, I'll give you a word of advice, if you need to go ahead and send the card in (do an RMA) I'd highly suggest against telling whoever you call that you're entitled to a new card. I'd ask them WHAT they can do FOR YOU. Not tell them what they are going to do for you. I'd almost bet on you not getting any support whatsoever.

Hope this helps you. ;)

Hi, I have had my new setup with HIS X1900GT ICEQ3 since october, and up until today it's been great. As I turned on my computer today I heard this clicking noise coming from the machine, as if the HDD was busy, so I ignored it. As I booted into Windows and everything was idle, I could still hear it. So I opened up and the source of the problem is my video card's fan - it clicks as it spins. I've heard people have had this problem before but I didn't see a solution for it so I'm asking for your help on this topic. Any help is appreciated. :)

How's it going yohan. Read about a few HIS X1950 Pro / X1900 Users over on OverclockersUK saying that their fans were doing the same thing. One guy thought he fixed it by putting his thumb in the center and giving it a good push. Only fixed it temporarily though. Most have RMA'd their cards and gotten good cards in return.

I'm afraid to try and return it because if they can't recreate the problem then I get charged money.. :(

I've got the same clicking problem with my X1950PRO ICEQ3 AGP. It is annoying and I can't find how it's occuring. If it isn't hazardous to the card though, I'd rather just live with it. I hate the idea of sending mine back too :(

I shut down my PC a few minutes ago and inspected the fan. Nothing obvious but if I rotate it slowly I notice that it rotates at an angled plane rather then flat. I wonder if the fans balance is the issue?

Back