HighPoint Launches First 40-Port SATA 6 Gb/s HBA

amarshonarbangla

Weaksauce
Source

HighPoint Technologies, Inc., a leading HBA and storage solutions manufacturer, announces the industry's first 40-Port SATA 6 Gb/s HBA – the Rocket 750. HighPoint is proud to introduce our innovative SATA Aggregation Technology to the storage marketplace – this revolutionary architecture allows a single host adapter card to support up to 40 SATA hard drives, and represents the industry's lowest-cost mass SATA storage solution.

The Rocket 750 will be available in April 2013 from our worldwide network of retail and distribution partners.

MSRP: USD$ 739.00.

Do want :eek:

Uses Marvell 88SE9485 which got no solaris support, so good luck with it...

All that on a PCIe 2.0 8X, not even a 16X.

As for the claim that it's cheaper than expanders, I guess if you compare to a supermicro DAS, sure, but this is a bare card so it should be compared to another card + expanders. Just looking at amazon you can get an HBA and two expanders for a similar price, with professional components to boot.

I love that part : "The PCIe 2.0 x8 host interface and 6 Gb/s SATA controller hardware deliver the ideal transfer bandwidth for applications focused on maximizing available storage capacity", meaning "it's utterly slow but we expect you won't access several drives at a time so it should be okay".

HighPoint is proud to introduce our innovative SATA Aggregation Technology ...
It's Highpoint -- so read that as :
Aggravation Technology

looks awesome, to bad its high point, Im currently building my setup with 3x8port IBM cards for 24 ports at less than $70 for all 3 cards (used ebay), but if there's a market for it, i guess some unlucky souls will end up with them

Back