Highlights of the Microsoft HoloLens 2 Presentation at Mobile World Conference

cageymaru

Fully [H]
CNET has released a highlights video of the Microsoft HoloLens 2 presentation at the Mobile World Conference. The video shows some of the forward thinking solutions that Microsoft engineers have been working on for years to make working with holograms feel like interacting with objects in the real world.

Microsoft says the new and improved HoloLens 2 makes manipulating holograms feel like interacting with objects in the real world.

Microsoft one of the few companies that can dump gazillions into a tech.. and just demo it for years...

Reactions: STEM
like this
Mark me. This will absolutely transform workspaces in a decade or so. No more monitors.

Mark me. This will absolutely transform workspaces in a decade or so. No more monitors.
Doubtful. Many/Most companies still use software and hardware that is several years old and when they upgrade they typically don't splurge on the latest and greatest. I don't think this will have much of an impact at all for the foreseeable future in most workplaces. What would make more sense; cheap monitors/projectors that everyone can see/use or multiple expensive HoloLens headsets that each person will need to wear individually?

If only a set of goggles like this could augment / amplify what are in front of you, sort like a mashup of night / thermal / radar vision.
Otherwise this have just about zero interest of mine, but i can of course see the benefit it can have for others.

I doubt there will be zero monitors, just like paper in the "paperless office", there will be some but less needed to get a job / task done faster and efficiently.

I have one of the first gen Hololens'. Give me a Holodeck and I'll be impressed.

I have to agree. We are seeing the infancy but more than any other technology including full VR I still see this as being the biggest game changer since the transistor.

It won't be long before you can use AR in any industry or even general purpose day to day use and get info and breakdowns and instructions and sensor readings from just about any object you look at.

Whether this makes for a better world or not, it's going to change absolutely EVERYTHING.

I can easily see an open infrastructure AR world like the WWW is now where you just hold up a screen or put on your display in your glasses or contacts and get interactive info on everything. Creepy, but as of now... doable.

Back