High temps on a Manchester 3800+ X2?

jediknight73

Bad Trader
Hello I have had this Cpu (Manchester 3800+) for 2 months. I recently was reading post's of people who have much lower temps than me. Useing Prime on both core's for 60 minute's my load temps are 57C Useing a Zalman 7000 aclu HSF. Are these High? Room temp's are 73F. Case temp is 29C,Hdd 32C,Gpu 50c (7900gt). The Cpu will OC to 2.5ghz On stocl vcore. But Im scared to do it cause in summer my cpu will burn up.
Oh this setup is in a antec superlanboy case.

Mine ran below 40c under load at 2.6 with a higher vcore. (water though)

Try removing the heatsink and cleaning off all thermal grease and take some fine sand paper to the top of the cpu and the bottom of the heatsink. reapply thermal grease ad try again.

40c? what did u use to measure temp's? I am getting a thermalright xp 120 soon i hope it help's.

The 7000AlCu is a pretty bad heatsink by modern standards, so your current temps aren't too surprising. With an XP-120 your load temps will probably be in the mid-40s as long as you've got it paired with a decent fan.

XP120 would be much better. And you can most likely undervolt that baby to run cooler. My Manchester is running at 1.2V and 2.4GHz. My ram is messed up so I haven't stretched its legs past 2.4GHz.

I just got a Manchester 4200, upgrading from a 3200 Venice and the Manny does run hotter. I OC'd my Venice to 2.7Ghz and it never got above 35 or 36C even under full load. On the Manchester I'm OC'd at 2.95Ghz and running Prime95 and I'm showing CPU temp of around 45C, and Core 1 and Core 2 temps between 50 and 60C. (New to X2, not sure what the difference between CPU and Core temp is).

I happen to be watercooling my rig, so I probably can't help you much on suggestions unless you want to go the watercooling route.

I just got a Manchester 4200, upgrading from a 3200 Venice and the Manny does run hotter. I OC'd my Venice to 2.7Ghz and it never got above 35 or 36C even under full load. On the Manchester I'm OC'd at 2.95Ghz and running Prime95 and I'm showing CPU temp of around 45C, and Core 1 and Core 2 temps between 50 and 60C. (New to X2, not sure what the difference between CPU and Core temp is).

I happen to be watercooling my rig, so I probably can't help you much on suggestions unless you want to go the watercooling route.

A Manchester is obviously going to run hotter than a Venice 3200, it's a dual-core chip and it's on the same process so there's no real reduction in heat.

Back