High Tech Urinal Cakes To Curb Drunk Driving

HardOCP News

[H] News
This is definitely the "tech gone wrong" story of the day.

Michigan officials are deploying 400 talking urinal cakes to 200 restaurants and watering holes across the Great Lake State as part of a stepped up anti-drunk driving campaign for the Fourth of July, the Detroit News reported.

If you're hammered aren't you more likely to use the toilet so you can sit rather than piss all over your shoes?

That's...really strange. How can it tell you're drunk? Does it sample your pee while you're doing your thing on it or what?

What a waste of time and money. Why not just setup some more DUI check points?

OK, if I was drunk, went into a bathroom to whiz and heard the urinal talking or singing to me, I'd probably freak out. :p

That's...really strange. How can it tell you're drunk? Does it sample your pee while you're doing your thing on it or what?

That's what I was expecting (and wouldn't be a bad idea if it was accurate), but alas, it's just a stupid Billboard you piss on that you won't even notice if you're lit up anyway.

What a dumb ass waste of money.

Or even better, if you piss on it and it detects you are drunk, it becomes a transformer and transforms into a claw that reaches up and grabs your crank, and doesn't let go until you can piss clear from being drunk.

Bwahahahaha.

OK, if I was drunk, went into a bathroom to whiz and heard the urinal talking or singing to me, I'd probably freak out. :p

Yup, then you spin around, spraying urine all over the bathroom and your fellow drunks, causing a nasty chain reaction. The only logical result of this is a bunch of freaked out pissed off piss-soaked drunks stumbling around your establishment.

If people know that these are there, they will just use the toilets or piss outside. Waste of money if you ask me!

That's what I was expecting (and wouldn't be a bad idea if it was accurate), but alas, it's just a stupid Billboard you piss on that you won't even notice if you're lit up anyway.

Oh I get it! It's just like a pee-activated thing that can't tell if you're drunk or not. That's not at all as impressive.

Yup, then you spin around, spraying urine all over the bathroom and your fellow drunks, causing a nasty chain reaction. The only logical result of this is a bunch of freaked out pissed off piss-soaked drunks stumbling around your establishment.

That's a really disturbing mental image.

I'm guessing it can't tell whether you're drunk or not, but is simply activated by your piss. I wish they'd tell us where they're being deployed. I want to find some of them this weekend.

I'm guessing it can't tell whether you're drunk or not, but is simply activated by your piss. I wish they'd tell us where they're being deployed. I want to find some of them this weekend.

You're not gonna steal one are you? That'd be gross.

Michigan and Washington are the only two states who didn't allow a DUI exception to the constitution to allow for those unreasonable search and seizure points.

A DUI check points even effective at all? They're announced ahead of time.

I doubt these cakes will make a difference. Maybe it would deter a few people that didn't realize they were close to the limit, but I figured most drunk drivers know and don't care.

A talking urinal cake? I can hear it now "stop pissing on me you drunk bastard!"

Michigan and Washington are the only two states who didn't allow a DUI exception to the constitution to allow for those unreasonable search and seizure points.

And I salute them.

I understand that DUI is a problem. But I also understand that making exceptions to the Constitution is a much bigger problem.

Urinal cakes usually turn my teeth blue. Kinda weird they would make it turn your teeth blue.

"Dude! The urinal is talking to me!"

"Pee on it!!!"

:p

Next up, talking urinal cakes....with cameras.... :eek:

Just another example of government babysitting it's citizens... Errr... Cattle.

Maybe in a few years will have these in our homes. Way to go America.

Moo moo moo.

Agreed.

I thought it might actually be useful if it performs a real time urinalysis, but alas, it just senses fluid and then plays a re-recorded message.

You do realize DUI checkpoints are wholly unconstitutional right?

Eh, it's just a mild infringement on constitutional rights afforded by the 4th amendment. We can make some exceptions here and there, right? IMO, those are just guidelines anyway. We can make up laws on the go. Just because these laws were put in place to protect us from an overbearing government doesn't mean they can't change them on a whim. It's like EA's EULA.

I was going to say, aren't they illegal!? But I guess they are in 48 states? :S

Eh, it's just a mild infringement on constitutional rights afforded by the 4th amendment. We can make some exceptions here and there, right? IMO, those are just guidelines anyway. We can make up laws on the go. Just because these laws were put in place to protect us from an overbearing government doesn't mean they can't change them on a whim. It's like EA's EULA.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the urinal cakes you've been eating are doing bad things to your neurons. :p

I didn't know they were called "cakes". Thanks for ruining a delicious dessert! :mad:

Hmm, I can see myself switching a few out with different phrases...:
- I'm singing in the rain, I'm singing...
- Help, I'm drowning...
- *dog barking, gurgling, woman screaming....
- Someone saying "HEY YOU!!!" so they turn around a piss on the guy next to them.
- Ect, ect...
:)

Usually when people are drunk, they seem to piss everywhere BUT the urinals... o_O

For a moment there, I thought it was going to say exploding urinal cakes which react to blood alcohol levels in the urine. Put's you in pain just long enough that by the time you recover you'll wake up sober...and have saved a life on the road. Thanks fire cakes!

People who drive drunk don't listen to people when they tell them not to, why the hell would they listen to a urinal cake?

If you're hammered aren't you more likely to use the toilet so you can sit rather than piss all over your shoes?

Nope, you'll still piss standing, however the standing part is more abstract....falling into the forward wall is a good example of this.

Back