High-Speed Robot Hand

That is sweet.

Sad thing is with all these robotics advancements by different people... If they all got together, you'd have a damn near perfect robot. Another few years, and we get the Skynet AI, and the Terminators take over.... Oh, sorry, Steve. You're supposed to use the Skynet reference! :)

Seriously, though. There are so many different parts of the robots that have been designed by different students/firms, that if they were to be bought out by some huge corporation, they could build something like the robot in the Will Smith movie iRobot. Just stay away from the ones with the heads the size of planets, that is outside opening doors.... He's a little depressed. :)

Show it catching the phone more than once like that would have been a nice way to prove it not a lucky catch.

Still cool.

One of those robot hands was flipping the birdie while it was showing off!

Anyway, that was pretty damn cool.

It looks very good on the surface.
As bucket mentioned a good series of runs in succession would be nice.

I was expecting it to hold a knife and stab the space between someone's fingers in high speed but that was still cool.

<Kent Brockman>
I for one wish to welcome our new robotic overlords
</Kent Brockman>

E E E E V V V V V V V A A A A A A A A!

u guys keep referencing Terminator...

but none of you watch Battlestar Galactica? lol ;).

not NERDY ENOUGH YOU GUYS ALL FAIL! lol

video said:
"The camera is a high speed 128x128 grid parallel cell image processor array"

Sounds like the 1,000,000 FPS camera we sell here where I work. Yes I'm serious.

That is pretty cool, super fast reaction times. They need to create the new Ninja robot with those hands.

aod_groovy.jpg

^^^ Win.

Pretty amazing things they can do there. I think I can get the throwing one to be my beer pong partner?

Off topic, but Terminators vs. Cylons would be EPIC!!!

That fight would never end because the resurrection baseship would just keep on spitting out copies. But once the terminator get wind of the baseship, the cylons will be destroyed easily.

Very fucking cool... the tweezer and especially the throw/catch cellphone trick were my faves.

Show it catching the phone more than once like that would have been a nice way to prove it not a lucky catch.

Still cool.

I'm not sure I would catch it more than once in a row lol.. not that quick anyway... it throws it like 10" in the air.

But yes it would have been impressive to see it catch it 3-4 times in a row, especially since it's clamping it with its fingers.

I'm not sure I would catch it more than once in a row lol.. not that quick anyway... it throws it like 10" in the air.

But yes it would have been impressive to see it catch it 3-4 times in a row, especially since it's clamping it with its fingers.

I bet it can catch every single time.

The craziest part is that it is probably not as complicated as one may think to program and engineer that hand.

Back