High-Speed Broadband to Be Legal Right for UK Homes and Businesses

It seems that anything which is desirable is now considered a right.

If the government funds it through taxes, it is a form of slavery since they get their money through taxes, which are involuntary. To the extent that the government uses taxes to fund things which only directly benefit a small minority (versus the broader public), we are all enslaved somewhat. Whether you are OK with a particular expenditure of taxes or not does not change this reality.
Oh okay, so you're saying the argument is taxes are slavery. Taxes are the cost of the government functioning and being a citizen in the country you live in. When push comes to shove, those ARE voluntary. If you really want, you can renounce your citizenship, leave the country, and never pay taxes you feel are forced upon you by your country again. So where's the slavery, considering you have the option to NOT pay them at any time?

Most slaves and indentured servants do NOT have the option of simply leaving. When I hear "forced", I interpret that as "you have no choice." The reality is you DO have a choice, you just don't like the costs involved.

Oh okay, so you're saying the argument is taxes are slavery. Taxes are the cost of the government functioning and being a citizen in the country you live in. When push comes to shove, those ARE voluntary. If you really want, you can renounce your citizenship, leave the country, and never pay taxes you feel are forced upon you by your country again. So where's the slavery, considering you have the option to NOT pay them at any time?

Most slaves and indentured servants do NOT have the option of simply leaving. When I hear "forced", I interpret that as "you have no choice." The reality is you DO have a choice, you just don't like the costs involved.
There is no country you can go to and not pay taxes, so in that respect, taxes are not voluntary. I'm not making a judgement call here as to whether taxes are good or bad, just that they are mandatory and enslave you to the state to a certain extent. Obviously the government has to be funded somehow, so taxes can't be avoided completely. The real discussion is how much should we be taxed, and for what purposes? But that's a discussion for another day/thread.

Oh look it is the obligatory agree with me or you are wrong liberal.
Says the account so ashamed (or banned) that they have 20 whole posts and are named after what we hope is a Trump typo. Riiiight... I feel so insulted.

What does the world look like to a person who thinks that just because someone lives in a rural area they must be stupid? I can't even comprehend being this bigoted and intolerant.

You are the one that called them stupid. I call them uninformed. If the only news you get and are exposed to is force fed to you by a group with an specific agenda.. that's going to color your opinion. Intelligence has little to do with it. But I see what you think of them. It's kind of sad.

Yeah, right. :rolleyes: If by well informed, you mean sheep that follow the MSM agenda....... On topic, there is no possible way to do that in the USA, not without dumping those government sponsored monopolies and even then, the USA is one heck of a lot bigger than Britian.

You are right.... that does seem to be our mantra as of late. If it is hard... don't do it. Leave that to some other people to do the hard things.

You are right.... that does seem to be our mantra as of late. If it is hard... don't do it. Leave that to some other people to do the hard things.

Hard has nothing to do with it. Until you drop those government sponsored monopolies, do you truly believe the ISP's are going to bother spreading their connections around?

You are the one that called them stupid. I call them uninformed. If the only news you get and are exposed to is force fed to you by a group with an specific agenda.. that's going to color your opinion. Intelligence has little to do with it. But I see what you think of them. It's kind of sad.

Nah dude, you said what you said and it read exactly as it read. Own up too it or just keep it too yourself.

Back