High PPI curved monitors?

TeeJayHoward

Limpness Supreme
Right now, I'm rockin' a Dell U2412Mb from 2011. It's served me well for the last 7 years, but I think it's time to retire it. See, I got a MacBook Pro as a replacement work laptop, and holy freaking moly does that screen kick ass. 15.4", 2880x1800. It's amazing. It's awesome enough that I kinda want to replace my home stuffs with something comparable. I've got a 28" x 60" desk, and I'd like to try and put three highly curved monitors on it. Basically, fill every square inch of desk with screen. Here's the thing. The screen I love so much is over 200 PPI, and I haven't been able to find anything curved (1500R? 1800R?) that has a similar pixel density. Basically something like this but curved. Can you guys help me out?

Funny you asked. Philips just announced a new 34" 21:9 curved monitor at IFA this week, with a 5120 x 2160 resolution. Almost 5K, but it's a wide screen, so it has 163 PPI.

Not quite as high as that LG UltraFine 5K monitor which has 217 PPI, although that monitor was specially commissioned by Apple.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/blog/philips-showcase-new-monitors-at-ifa-2018/

philips_349P7FUBEB-350x350.jpg

You would have a hard time running multiple monitors at that kind of resolution. I would aim for a single ultrawide instead.

Back