High level network diagram

cmpsr2000

Weaksauce
I should preface this by telling you that I work for a large telecom company which, for the sake of this post, shall be known as Company A. I work as part of the lab that does the DSL CPE and DSLAM regression testing. One day, we found out that we were getting a visit from another large telecom company, which we shall call Company B. On top of that, Company B was sending Dr.ImportantPresidentGuy to visit us, led by Company A's Mr. BigShotDirrector and Prof. EnglishAccentVP. So, Mr. Manager decides that we need to have a high level diagram of the lab network to show to Dr. ImportantPresidentGuy when he visits. Now, our lab network is set up exactly like the field network to test the equipment in as real an evironment as possible. This means that every sub-architecture that exists in the field exists in our lab. This is not an easy thing of which to make a "high level" diagram. So, after standing around scratching our collective heads for awhile we finally came up with the *perfect* way to explain our lab network to upper management.

Enjoy.

High level network diagram

that was a good lead in statement to catch my interest, and then BAM :D select it after you click the pick

I was going to try to hide it, but others will see it just the same. Good one.

what ended up happening anyway? anything yet

sirholio said:
I was going to try to hide it, but others will see it just the same. Good one.

what ended up happening anyway? anything yet

we came up with a real diagram that we somehow managed to get on one page. Company B came through last week and seemed pretty impressed with the labs in general, but unfortunatly they were rushed and didn't get to spend as much time in our lab as we had hoped. Overall things went very well, though.

buahahahh

thas pretty much on a level they would understand it :)

unless you print out a poster sized diagram no way to fit it on one page.

Nice. I know so much about your network now that it's like I work there.

Our network is very similar but yours is a little neater.

lmao.. thats the best network diagram i've ever seen.

passed it on to a few other network engineers here.

shaggyspfld said:
Now how would you use visio to represent that?

lol, dont think you would be using visio.. more like a media player and some classic "adult" movies :p

-(Xyphox)- said:
lol, dont think you would be using visio.. more like a media player and some classic "adult" movies :p

wait...I think we made one of those for a different VP at one point, I know I've got it here somewhere :D

After reviewing proxy logs at the request of HR for one of our remote sites, its amazing how accurate your diagram is for my current support environment.

Back