High end phones - where to try out?

rpc180

Limp Gawd
Anyone know any b&m retail stores that would stock higher end phones? Not like the usual, AT&T/Verizon/Sprint stuff but like HTC Diamond, Nokia N95, Samsung INNOV8?

I'd like to check out how I like their interface and stuff at least a bit before dropping serious coin on some unlocked device! I mean, seriously, some of these new phones cost MORE than my last desktop :rolleyes:

Best Buy has plenty of cool new smartphones to try out. But some are only plastic models.

Umm i think the new CompUSA also has phones but im not sure

Depending on the city you're in, Nokia and or Sony may have kiosks or stores in higher-end shopping districts/malls. Best Buy seems to have converted mostly to plastic on display, but you may be able to ask them to get a live phone out to demo.

That's what I was afraid of :) All the local BB's are pretty lame on the cell phone variety. I think a trip to NYC's nokia store is in the cards come October

Best Buy is doing a major overhaul of the Cell Phone department right now. It's rolling out to different stores at different rates, but the end result should be in every Best Buy. And yeah, most of them are plastics, but they're more then willing ot break out a live phone to play with. Sure, you won't be able to call with it, but you can try things out.

If you have a live sim you might even be able to convince them to let you make a call on it... There are even some stand alone stores called Best Buy Mobile (which is also the name Best Buy is using for their new wireless department. It's been rolled out in quite a few stores now.)

Back