High cpu temp on stock cooling 4790k

Martino23

n00b
Hello. I have 4790K with stock cooler. During Black Ops 3 or Crysis 3 my cpu temps are 90-100c. I think i mounted good cooler.
Is this normal for stock cooler or not?

Cpu is on turbo clock 4 ghz - 4,2 ghz. And on 4,2 ghz i have 90c+ sometimes it will spike to 100c during each places in game.

Same exact issue, similar name. Probably, I guess one message board of PC geeks isn't enough to tell you that your thermal paste is probably the cause.

Not just same exact issue. It is the same exact wording.

That being said. The stock Intel coolers are complete and utter garbage for anything that actually loads up the CPU.

Get a real cooler.

No I mean I think this is the same guy asking about whether or not to RMA a video card 2-3 weeks back. Also posted the same question on half a dozen plus forums etc.

EDIT: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1879810&highlight= Yeah, it is heh.

Never understood what the point was of blasting the same exact question out on a half-dozen forums does. In most cases I've seen it happen they literally give you the exact same response.

Forums are still kinda big in the tech community. There's no need for doing that anymore.

Never understood what the point was of blasting the same exact question out on a half-dozen forums does. In most cases I've seen it happen they literally give you the exact same response.

That's why I only post on [H].

The community here is justtt right. Not too big, not too small. Plus, the general population here is actually mature and well-informed.

So in games overall my temps are 80C-90C without OC cpu ( auto turbo is 4,2ghz ).
But sometimes ( Black ops 3 first mission , Crysis 3 Welcome to the Jungle places ) it hits from 90C to even 100C. ANd i want to ask. It is safe to play with 90C-100C?

So in games overall my temps are 80C-90C without OC cpu ( auto turbo is 4,2ghz ).
But sometimes ( Black ops 3 first mission , Crysis 3 Welcome to the Jungle places ) it hits from 90C to even 100C. ANd i want to ask. It is safe to play with 90C-100C?

No. At load with a stock cooler, the average is around 75c. 55-60 with an aftermarket cooler.

Re-seat the heatsink.

If that doesn't do it, buy an aftermarket cooler.

(google is your friend)

But i read many opinions with users with 4790k and stock fan , and they getting similar temperatures like 80 to 100C max.

80c is not a good load temperature on an at-stock CPU, ever.

Tom's Hardware:

"The lower the Temp the longer the CPU life.
Benchmarks and stress test software like prime 95 will put your CPU at max load and the CPU will reach the max temp which it cannot achieve with any kind of gaming 80c is definitely high for a CPU but not dangerous below 70C while gaming is considered as good temperature."

And see this:

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Intel/Core_i7_4790K/6.html

I spent a good 5 mins on google thread-roaming before posting my reply.

If you wanna rock high temps, that's your prerogative.

I just checked the thread(S) you started on the various other forums. Everyone is telling you the same thing I am.

Your asking the same question everywhere.... It frustrating seeing that you don't listen to anyone and just repeat yourself over and over asking the same question.

The CPU with thermal throttle at 90c. I've never heard of a stock CPU hitting much over 80c.

I'm out this thread before I say something that gets me a demerit lol.

51c is the highest I've seen on my 4790k under a H105 with AS paste

Sigh, why troll tech forums? Over RMA and temps too. Lame. Why not S3 Virge vs Matrox?

Back