Higgh GPU temp. Recommended fan orientation for H200i.

I seem to be getting some really high GPU temps when playing the Witcher 3 (1440p ultra settings). My average GPU temp is 87 degrees Celsius while my CPU hangs right around 45-47 while playing the Witcher.

I have an H200i with the Kraken X52. Here is my setup, any recommendations?
  • X52 is open config with fans installed exposed to the front case panel.
  • The top and back stock fan are blowing
  • I customized the fan profile for the 1080GTX G1 Gaming to ramp up starting at 40 degrees and max out at 70 degrees

General rule of thumb is positive pressure while keeping mostly balanced flow and uniform flow direction. That means intake is slightly more than exhaust, and fans in the same area blow in the same direction.

with how tight things are in this case the only thing I can see to do is get [H]ard and mod it. you could try reversing the fans on the aio and have the top/back blow in but I think the gpu is starved for air where it is. figure out a way to get fresh air to the gpu, like drill out all those "breathing" holes and/or add a fan to the bottom to push air to the gpu. right now its trying to suck warm air from the aio through those little holes and the end of the heatsink. oh and toss your filters and learn to clean it more often...

I seem to be getting some really high GPU temps when playing the Witcher 3 (1440p ultra settings). My average GPU temp is 87 degrees Celsius while my CPU hangs right around 45-47 while playing the Witcher.

I have an H200i with the Kraken X52. Here is my setup, any recommendations?
  • X52 is open config with fans installed exposed to the front case panel.
  • The top and back stock fan are blowing
  • I customized the fan profile for the 1080GTX G1 Gaming to ramp up starting at 40 degrees and max out at 70 degrees

Try repasting the GPU

Back