HiFiMan HE-560 V3 $300 + Free shipping Adorama

Nice catch; the HE-560 is, essentially, the "big brother" of the HiFiMan HE-400i.

This is a next version of HE-500? The headphone that ended my search for perfect headphones? If so this is a crazy good price!

I bought these on a similar deal from Adorama a couple months ago. First pair they sent me, the left ear was dead. Second pair, the right ear was dead. Third pair, the right ear was dead. I asked for a refund at that point. Which I should really really make sure indeed was credited to me. Each return they wanted me to use some different process- an email in one, some self-registration returns part of their website that was super unclear/sketchy, and then I had to pester them the third time.

I went on ebay & found a semi-reputable seller for around the same price point.

I probably just was super unlucky, but heads up to anyone taking this offer: CHECK YOUR GOODS RIGHT AWAY!! Be prepared: you may have to be dogged in fighting to get Adorama to make this purchase right.

I bought these on a similar deal from Adorama a couple months ago. First pair they sent me, the left ear was dead. Second pair, the right ear was dead. Third pair, the right ear was dead. I asked for a refund at that point. Which I should really really make sure indeed was credited to me. Each return they wanted me to use some different process- an email in one, some self-registration returns part of their website that was super unclear/sketchy, and then I had to pester them the third time.

I probably just was super unlucky, but heads up to anyone taking this offer: CHECK YOUR GOODS RIGHT AWAY!! Be prepared: you may have to be dogged in fighting to get Adorama to make this purchase right.

I've never ordered headphones from adorama, but I have ordered camera gear. Haven't had issues, but not to say those things don't happen. That sucks all the crap they put you through.

The sale from Adorama you got in on a couple of months back was the HE-560 V2. The problems you had, have been supposedly fixed in the V3 (there were a number of complaints with the V2).

Measurements of the HE-560:

https://diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/headphones/measurements/hifiman/he-560/

Pair these with SS amp or tube amp?
depends on the tube amp, but generally you need solid state for planar magnetic headphones as they are low impedance and low sensitivity (inefficient).

Reactions: cvinh
like this
depends on the tube amp, but generally you need solid state for planar magnetic headphones as they are low impedance and low sensitivity (inefficient).

Sweet I guess I'm good to go then. I have a Creative SB X7. It should be fine.

I have he 400..... dayum those things are good. Highs that will crack an ear drum. Notes that pop. Planar magnetic what do you expect.

I have a Creative external dac and they can push these hard. A real tube amp will set these off. You dont need a solid state per se.... you just need any GOOD amp.

Back