Hide your IP Address

icehokplyr

Limp Gawd
Can anyone advise how to hide your IP address completely? There has to be a way to do it. There is a web site my wife uses and she has the option to vote for something. After she votes, the option to vote is then gone the next time she visits the page so I know the site records my IP address. I'm not looking to make it possible for her to vote twice, I am just asking for security reasons. I run NOD32 anti-virus and use Zone Alarm firewall. Thanks in advance.

Forgot something. I clean out my cookies and temporary internet files too and that doesn't seem to work either.

For that type of "hidden" ip address to work, you just need to go through a web-proxy.

You can't totally hide your IP address, otherwise, how would the data get back to you if the servers don't know who to send it to? :)

And don't worry about the security implications. To 90% of the idiots out there that would attack the box, the IP address is meaningless. They'd be more likely to send a trojan in the hopes you'd open it. To the other 10%, the firewall will block them.

With proper security precautions in place, the only thing you'd have to worry about someone having your IP address for would be a DOS attack. And that's a remote possibility.

Thanks Brother. I really am grateful for all the responses.

XOR != OR said:
And don't worry about the security implications. To 90% of the idiots out there that would attack the box, the IP address is meaningless. They'd be more likely to send a trojan in the hopes you'd open it. To the other 10%, the firewall will block them.

With proper security precautions in place, the only thing you'd have to worry about someone having your IP address for would be a DOS attack. And that's a remote possibility.

Back