Hi, I'm addicted to Apple-crack, too.

[Tripod]MajorPayne

Supreme [H]ardness
Hey guys,

I just got my new 20GB Photo Ipod, and I must say that I'm completely hooked. I transfered my 1.5 GB of music immediately, and I bought an iTrip too. The iTrip works great, my only complaint is that I can't see the elapsed time/track # on the CD player, but glancing at the iPod solves that problem. The color screen is awesome, I already transferred photos onto it, the thumbnail viewing is a little slow to get all the thumbs up, but once it gets that far, it's flawless. Music playback is excellent, EQ is set to Bass Booster. I've never used iTunes before this as my default media player, so my experience was limited to my all-Mac friend and his computer. I knew enough to get started, but right now everything's working really well.

Only complaint about iTunes is the album artwork. I'd really like to have more of it, and I don't know how to get it short of downloading songs from iTunes. I'd like to get it for my existing library that didn't come from iTunes. Anyone have any idea where I can get the album artwork without actually having to download the songs and then Copy/Pasting? Thanks!

Apple crack is really addictive, isn't it..... :p

there is a program that can do it for you, believe its called album art downloader, works well, but doesnt do m4p. Other than that, go to amazon.com and search the album, then click the cover art and copy paste. Worked for my 16.4 gb of songs.

[Tripod]MajorPayne said:
Hey guys,
Only complaint about iTunes is the album artwork. I'd really like to have more of it, and I don't know how to get it short of downloading songs from iTunes. I'd like to get it for my existing library that didn't come from iTunes. Anyone have any idea where I can get the album artwork without actually having to download the songs and then Copy/Pasting? Thanks!

Apple crack is really addictive, isn't it..... :p

I use Tag & Rename to do this (windoze program) to do this - grabs all the details off Amazon including genre, label, image etc.

Does cost money though.

You should install Ipod Linux on it and enjoy the extras! Really amazes people when I play video clips on my ipod, and playing chess when I'm on the bus is cool too :D

Zxcs said:
You should install Ipod Linux on it and enjoy the extras! Really amazes people when I play video clips on my ipod, and playing chess when I'm on the bus is cool too :D

I was unaware they had a linux version out for the ipod.. (for the latest ipod photo that is..)

i've got the 60 gig color ipod photo and would love to have linux on it.. any information you can share with me? I've been wanting to put linux on it

sniper991122 said:
I was unaware they had a linux version out for the ipod.. (for the latest ipod photo that is..)

i've got the 60 gig color ipod photo and would love to have linux on it.. any information you can share with me? I've been wanting to put linux on it
*hijack* iPL released one that works on the 4G models (photo and mini) but it is unsupported. Info here

Back