Hi-Fi headphones and DAC/Soundcard for £200?

Gimpymoo

n00b
Hi all.

As title.

Stereo headphones and DAC or Soundcard for around £200.

Mic is not essential, would be nice but only if not compromising sound quality and from experience, "gaming" headsets are mostly garbage compared to HI-FI kit.

Thanks.

I am using Aune X1S as my DAC/AMP for two years, so far so good. I used it to power my Fostex T-X0 and Sennheiser HD6xx headphones. I think the latest version of Aune X1S is currently available on drop.com.

I am using Aune X1S as my DAC/AMP for two years, so far so good. I used it to power my Fostex T-X0 and Sennheiser HD6xx headphones. I think the latest version of Aune X1S is currently available on drop.com.

That is outside my budget unfortunately.

I am deciding between Creative G6 or Fiio K5 PRO.

Any preferences? Are Creative still not to be trusted?

That is outside my budget unfortunately.

I am deciding between Creative G6 or Fiio K5 PRO.

Any preferences? Are Creative still not to be trusted?
Not sure but Creative G6 met your requirements where it also offer a microphone input.

I second the HD6XX they might take up almost all of your budget but they're pretty much the best headphones you can get under £400 for gaming and music alike.

I have been really enjoying my Schiit Audio HEL, could get away with the Fulla alternatively if mic power and control is less important as you said. Just tossing another option out there

Back