HEY!!! to all that tried the x800pro -> Xt mod

bobmanfoo

Limp Gawd
i've just found that the original method that we were introduced to is WRONG. DO NOT SCRATCH THE CARD AT ALL. i've found that the points we were scratching off IS the actual contact points and that there is no 'coating' as we were mislead to believe.

i grabbed my trichome microscope, 30x, and looked at the 'dull' points, and they are in fact copper. which leads me to believe that the mod didn't work for so many because, we scratched off the contact points.

Mods and Posters please remove the links to the ocUK 'guides' it just sucks that all the ones that tried the mod may have permanently disabled those 4 pipes.

the NEW guide at the korean site is the correct one, as almost everyone posting on that thread successfully modded their cards.

Can someone else confirm this, please?

I highly doubt anyone was "intentionally" mislead. But anyway, it would be nice to see a higher success rate for this mod. Good luck to everyone trying it.

the original site only had 3 successful mods, and the were the first and only ones to do the mod

New site, almost everyone who tried it got it working

bobmanfoo said:
i've just found that the original method that we were introduced to is WRONG. DO NOT SCRATCH THE CARD AT ALL. i've found that the points we were scratching off IS the actual contact points and that there is no 'coating' as we were mislead to believe.
i grabbed my trichome microscope, 30x, and looked at the 'dull' points, and they are in fact copper. which leads me to believe that the mod didn't work for so many because, we scratched off the contact points.
Mods and Posters please remove the links to the ocUK 'guides' it just sucks that all the ones that tried the mod may have permanently disabled those 4 pipes.
the NEW guide at the korean site is the correct one, as almost everyone posting on that thread successfully modded their cards.
Can someone else confirm this, please?

:confused: :confused: :confused:
wow. Bob, microscope to figure out thats copper? sorry bud dont mean to sound like a dick but cmon dude. Your post made my headache. Noone said to scratch off the points, that would be counterproductive. The post on pcunleash is far far from accurate or a sure thing. Just because mr bennet posted it on the front page doesnt mean its right 100%. Read some more, toss your microscope out and grab a book on circuits. Bob your statement of ocuk misleading people is retarded, you were misled because you dont know how to read.

Ill also confirm that the pcunleash method does not work 100% either. I have a powercolor 8992.1 that doesnt mod. Tried it 4 times

Really, how can you see that that there is no shellack using a microscope?

I know for sure that a lot of boardmakers clearcoat the top of their PCBs if they are putting a copper or aluminum heatsink on top of it. Just because you may have one that doesn't does not mean they all are like that.

Surprisingly, sometimes the clearcoat is made of beetle excrement or ground up beetle... Its an excellent, cheap and waterproof clearcoat material (high-end chocolate is sometimes glazed with ground up beetles) And I'm not joking.

Impu|se said:
:confused: :confused: :confused:
wow. Bob, microscope to figure out thats copper? sorry bud dont mean to sound like a dick but cmon dude. Your post made my headache. Noone said to scratch off the points, that would be counterproductive. The post on pcunleash is far far from accurate or a sure thing. Just because mr bennet posted it on the front page doesnt mean its right 100%. Read some more, toss your microscope out and grab a book on circuits. Bob your statement of ocuk misleading people is retarded, you were misled because you dont know how to read.

Ill also confirm that the pcunleash method does not work 100% either. I have a powercolor 8992.1 that doesnt mod. Tried it 4 times

you are retarded, have you read the threads? these are links that i got from threads here at hardforums that tells people to scrape the contacts,:
link
link

yes, you do come off as a dick and you are the one who needs to read the threads, the purpose of my post was to get people to stop scraping the points, NO ONE on ocUK got the mod working except the first 3 by scraping the points, on pcunleash many have gotten the mod to work WITHOUT scraping contacts. i never said the mod was 100%, but people are voiding their warantees by digging into their chip.

bobmanfoo said:
but people are voiding their warantees by digging into their chip.

Yes, and people who are into modding their card to an XT are obviously so worried about their warranty......

bobmanfoo said:
you are retarded, have you read the threads? these are links that i got from threads here at hardforums that tells people to scrape the contacts,:
link
link

yes, you do come off as a dick and you are the one who needs to read the threads, the purpose of my post was to get people to stop scraping the points, NO ONE on ocUK got the mod working except the first 3 by scraping the points, on pcunleash many have gotten the mod to work WITHOUT scraping contacts. i never said the mod was 100%, but people are voiding their warantees by digging into their chip.
lol, oh boy. Can I ask you a question? Why do you think that people are scraping the copper(as you found out with your electron scanning microscope)? noone means noone, 3 people means 3 people, cmon dude. Noone ever said you must scrape the points it was just a (good) suggestion. You are here trying to say that tons more at pcunleashed got it working, and noone that did it the original way got it working. These statements, make absolutely no sense. It seems the post at pcunleashed uncovered a serial number that are more likely to mod successfully then others. This is why there is more of a success rate. Not because people are scraping the points off, as you seem to think, :moron: You seem to lack the knowledge of anyone thats taken a basic electronics class, and Im not going to be the one to teach you how conductivity works. To everyone else, be sure to scrape your points as there is a thin coating of conformal coating on the circuit board, and you'll want to scrape that away to make good contact with the copper points. But do not do as Bob says and scrape like a gorilla, taking the contact points with. There's noone that would like to see this mod work as much as I. I thought the luck would be with me as I was one of the first to have the 9500 modded

But do not do as Bob says and scrape like a gorilla, taking the contact points with.

LOL! I found that statement hilarious for some reason.

*runs away to scrape contact points GENTLY*

one more quick thing, unless ati borrows your microscope there is no way to tell the points have been scraped, your warranty is safe. However if you are as smart as Bob and completely scrape off the points you are SOL.

StArWaRrIoR said:
LOL! I found that statement hilarious for some reason.

*runs away to scrape contact points GENTLY*
Dude I laughed my ass off when I read that!!!!!!!!!!
:D :D

§kynet said:
Dude I laughed my ass off when I read that!!!!!!!!!!
:D :D

lol

Actually, I haven't ran off to do that yet, I'm waiting to see the results from others first. heh

Well my mod didn't work. Although with the XT BIOS my card runs at those frequencies and has no problems doing it. So that's a new OC record for my ram. Stock XT speeds.

As far as the pipelines go I'm looking at redoing my bridging between the contact points. Mine still shows 12 pipelines.

Impu|se said:
........ It seems the post at pcunleashed uncovered a serial number that are more likely to mod successfully then others. This is why there is more of a success rate. Not because people are scraping the points off, as you seem to think, :moron: .........
and it is WRONG, read the posts below the article, and read the threads again..

Back