Hey the [H] is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been quite a while since this forum has been back up :D. Glad to see that everything is working properly and I like the new layout!

Yup I'd definately be fired if it took me 2 months to put up a message board. Not to mention scarcly informing your "customers". Let's hope it doesn't go down a lot like the other one.

i'm glad it's back again

i've been checking this site too, being :( that the vBulletin message kept popping up :p

I also want the old layout back, i can't find anything back again :p

Zlash said:
Yup I'd definately be fired if it took me 2 months to put up a message board. Not to mention scarcly informing your "customers". Let's hope it doesn't go down a lot like the other one.

Heh, no kidding. I think something I said about the problems was deleted already. Maybe these posts will be deleted too. There is a bit of grumbling going on about how long it took.

I was finshing up a private message one day, clicked send, suddenly, "hard forums down for repairs". Perfect timing. I figured it would only be a day or 2, so Iw aited. I forget now when they went down! Day by day I'd check tos ee fi they were up. chekced this morning before school, and they're up!! Now I forget what iw as going to privtae message, and who... lol

Yep, its great to see the Forums back. I've needed a dose for so long!!! I also have a question i've had for ages, so hopefully the forum will help!
PS I want General hardware to be at the top. Everyone comes here, and it was easiest to get to. Thanks

It's only been up for a day now and I'm already re addicted...although taking a month to do an upgrade that was planned to happen over one weekend is NOT cool. Oh well, hopefully it's back to stay :D

4keatimj said:
PS I want General hardware to be at the top. Everyone comes here, and it was easiest to get to. Thanks
Actually, it's no accident that it isn't at the top now. ;)

When it was at the top, a lot of people didn't look any further and posted anything and everything in Gen [H]ard, causing the mods to spend an inordinate amount of time moving things to the proper forums. I'm seeing a lot fewer moved threads now. :)

Lethal said:
I'm seeing a lot fewer moved threads now. :)
I'm not sure but that may be because not everyone has come back to the forums yet. How many people are online now as opposed to its busy days before the unnecessarily long and drawn out down time?

how long was it down for nearly a month!!!!?

wow that was an amazing transistion there....whoever is the webmaster

emorphien said:
I'm not sure but that may be because not everyone has come back to the forums yet. How many people are online now as opposed to its busy days before the unnecessarily long and drawn out down time?
If memory serves me right, we were running ~500 users online most of the time before the downtime. Today it looks like we're averaging ~400, so I'd say we're pretty much on track, seeing as how (like you said) not everyone has come back yet because they don't know [H] is back up. 80% within 24 hours after a significant downtime shows there's a pretty loyal user base here.

Also, keep in mind that Kyle said earlier he wouldn't really be promoting the forums from the main OCP site until the bugs are worked out. In the past, I've seen times when a forum link from the front page would spike the users online to nearly double the normal average. Registration is also turned off until they work out some email bugs that are affecting the confirmation process.

All in all, I think the forums are doing quite well and are poised for growth in the near future. :)

The [H] is back and now the computer world shall start to revolve once again.

and noooooo I did not check daily......... :D

For eveyone who is WHINING About the new look of the forums/how long it took to get back up/not having this one feature you want/etc.:
No one is making you come here, you dont pay to use [H], Please shut up already about it

Rombus said:
For eveyone who is WHINING About the new look of the forums/how long it took to get back up/not having this one feature you want/etc.:
No one is making you come here, you dont pay to use [H], Please shut up already about it

Exactly, I like the subtle new look of the forums, even if it were totally different I wouldn't care as the content is still the same.

I don't see how it is different enough to to actually make a whine post about it.

Rombus said:
For eveyone who is WHINING...
...No one is making you come here, you dont pay to use [H], Please shut up already about it
I would also like to add, people can ask for a refund. I don't think Kyle would be opposed to that.

WTF, bitching about a free service... :rolleyes: Grow up.

On a much brighter note, I'm glad things ARE back up and running.

working search = :)

Phoenix86 said:
I would also like to add, people can ask for a refund. I don't think Kyle would be opposed to that.

WTF, bitching about a free service... :rolleyes: Grow up.

you do know people can bitch about whatever they want and you have no right to tell them otherwise?

and also the new look DOES suck. way too much space. some may like it but i dont and i know a lot of others dont. maybe we should be given PHP-level control of our format ;)

kronchev said:
you do know people can bitch about whatever they want and you have no right to tell them otherwise?

and also the new look DOES suck. way too much space. some may like it but i dont and i know a lot of others dont. maybe we should be given PHP-level control of our format ;)
If it were about rights, they whatever right they have to bitch grants me the right to reply.

It's not about rights, it's about being right. No one has to post here if they don't have to, and bitching to the user base isn't going to get anything done.

There is a nice place for all these forum comments. Post there if you have suggestions, if there really are that many people not liking XYZ then speak up where the powers that be ARE watching instead of random BS in a thread in general hardware that a mod may not even see.

http://www.hardforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85

And it's not like he's not making money off this either. It wouldn't be here if he wasn't. And I do recall a bunch of people donating money for new servers...

Thanks for the feedback guys. We have done a lot to make sure this place feels like home and I think for now most of the tweaks are done.

If you want something changed, and informed 3rd grade opinion of, "It sucks" will not get changes made. Should you have a specific suggestion or want, post it intelligently in the proper forum that we have created for such feedback. We have made a LOT of changes that were suggested by users in the last few days, but many of those people explained what they do not like and why, and then many suggested an alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back