Hey the [H] is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's about time ;)

First observation: subforums should be in same order as they used to be

edit: where the heck is my postcount and status ([H]ard Gawd or whatever I was, I forget because it's been so long :p )

agreed, i jsut posted that in the welcome back thread...
which is in Hardware and storage for some reason.

Im happy its back :)
Ive been hanging out it bit-tech since it went down, and i started to really love VB3 over there, so im happy hard forums is taking on the newer featutres!

It will take some getting used to. I guess it's an ok change, but I think it has too many unnecesary features. Then again, I tend to appreciate simplicity.

If these forums were part of my business, I'd have a serious talk with the person responsible for the extended downtime. And by talk, I mean fire their ass on the spot.

Then again, these forums are not part of my business and don’t reflect poorly on my reputation.
:eek:

/me looks around.

Vbulletin has come a long way with their 3.0 software.

Yeah, i like the improvments with vb3,
[Sorta a test post to see if i get a better title than registered user now]

here here for that

i did like the post count under the name though, that way we know who's who.

i like some of the older stuff, some of the newer stuff... it'll just take some getting used to...

also

its about damn time!

Vertigo Acid said:
and they need to rename some of them.... Multiprocessor systems > SMP
There is a LOT more to multiprocessing than just symmetric multiprocessing, so I think the title 'multiprocessor systems' is appropriate. It broadens the subforum a bit while still being specific enough to warrant a subforum.

I was beginning to call it [L]impForum!

edit: well at least it's back. I was too lazy to join another forum or get active elsewhere, so I just got up to date on photo.net while this was down.

I'm not sure what we needed some of these new doodads for, but search is nice.

I like the new look and features for the most part. Postcounts not being shown are fine by me (always thought it was pointless to have anyway). Glad it's back.

The Titan said:
/me looks around.

Whoa... it's the titan...

Personally i think postcount is stupid if people are "judged" by it, but as the previous poster said, you really get a sense of 'who's who'

Kind of ironic a tech site takes that long to upgrade though... no slight on the [H] by any means... no one else is quite the same..

diredesire said:
Whoa... it's the titan...

Personally i think postcount is stupid if people are "judged" by it, but as the previous poster said, you really get a sense of 'who's who'

Kind of ironic a tech site takes that long to upgrade though... no slight on the [H] by any means... no one else is quite the same..
Whoa its....you.... :eek:

:confused:

Anyway, I never made postcount matter, no point in trying now. Many disbelieve what I say. None are heard.

Been waiting for it forever. I was expecting a downtime of a week but it turned out to be a month or two.

I'm glad the forums are back. I really like the color scheme to this and the new layout and look.

Glad they are back had a lot of questions for the knowledgeable people here over the time it was gone.

Hey at least it seems a lot faster now :)

On the whole the new setup seems fine, but they need to put the layout back to the way it was.

Just takes a little getting used to the new layout. Although I do miss not getting the FS/FT without scrolling.

good to see the [H] is back, dam bad timing though, middle of bloody exams, bah

:D my exams just ended :cool:
I....I dunno if I told any one but... :eek: I missed you guys!

haha sorry, I promise not to do that again.

The Titan said:
/me looks around.

Oh [H]ow I [H]ave missed [H]er....

Welcome Back [H]ard. The world was not the same without you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back