Hey, remember when we all thought we were getting a *great deal* on the Steam Link? It's $8.69 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus $7.99 shipping and handling. At least that's what came up for me.

You also get that ICEY game, which looks pretty cool.

I've been playing Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice over the Steam Link with one of those Bluetooth XB1 controllers...works great, a little bit of input latency but nothing major.

These work exceptional -- I only have a 4-6ms of lag over my wifi when using this up two floors from my AC3100 router.

Thing is - I don't really use it. I thought I would - but if I'm going to play games I just sit down in front of the PC.

Even so --- this is a heck of a deal!

I wish they would do something to it to make it more than just a game extender. Every time I see a deal on these I think I want it...but then I'm like, "For what?".

I want one but have a separate computer (Phenom II x4 w/750ti) hooked up to my TV and just don't see the benefit for me. At this price I just might go ahead with it though. Anyone with a similar situation pick one up and actually end up using it over the PC?

member-berries-sq__41362.1479844436.500.500.jpg

I still got a Steam Link still sealed BNIB collecting dust. It's been moved from the closet, to the dining table, to my desk, to the window sill and back into the closet shelf to collect more dust. I have no clue why I even bought it :confused:

I keep waiting for every Steam member to get a Steam Link...

...right before they advertise the new Steam Link 4K.

Haven't looked into these much. Can I use this to stream to a laptop from my desktop? Or is it only for TVs?

I got one what the heck. As for if you have a laptop as long as your vid card does h264 acceleration I think running the steam client and streaming through that is probably about the same thing.

Haven't looked into these much. Can I use this to stream to a laptop from my desktop? Or is it only for TVs?
Fairly certain in home streaming works without separate hardware. You just need the Steam client installed and set up.

The deal on the game itself is pretty good too. Not the longest game (took me less than 10 hours to complete and around 20 hours to unlock all achievements), but the combat feels good and the narration is hilarious. I encourage any one thinking of trying it out to play with English subtitles and the original Chinese audio.

I wish they would do something to it to make it more than just a game extender. Every time I see a deal on these I think I want it...but then I'm like, "For what?".

I think Steam is trying to expand into too many markets at once. They've been trying to get movie and TV streams going but it's so obscure no one pays attention to that section. They should just go ahead and support some of the popular ones like Amazon, Netflix, Youtube. Make it a multi streaming device.

I actually like the Steam Link a lot. My main computer is in the basement so often time I play computer games in my living room on the first floor, usually RPG games that are fully compatible with controller. I do run ethernet wire from my basement to my living room so connection speed is never an issue.

The only thing I don't like is that I need to disable the computer from locking itself automatically in Windows 10 settings.

Fairly certain in home streaming works without separate hardware. You just need the Steam client installed and set up.

So I don't even need Steam Link to play games off my desktop with my laptop? Didn't know that. It is tempting to pick one of these up anyways, but I literally have no use for it if that is the case.

So I don't even need Steam Link to play games off my desktop with my laptop? Didn't know that. It is tempting to pick one of these up anyways, but I literally have no use for it if that is the case.

Steam in-home streaming works onpretty much anything you can install steam on, it also works on most android devices running an app called Remotr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back