Hey Kyle, question for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

janitor53

Weaksauce
Very informative article....You closed the other thread but I'm just curious, and this will settle things for me. All things being equal, are you an AMD fan or an Intel fan? This is not a troll, there were just some allegations thrown around in the other thread and I'd like to hear straight from the horses mouth that's all.
I'll hang up now and listen for your response.

I don't, when you see an article on msnbc.com that's about microsoft they always have something that says "microsoft is a partner with msnbc"...it's just in the interest of full disclosure. I think it's a fair question.

I would say Kyle doesn't have a preference.

He would recommend which ever make provides the most performance and stability for the least amount of money. The last few years that has been AMD, since Core2 it's been Intel.

It's not like either dual core processor is a bad choice, and if your thing is games they perform about the same when equipped with the same graphics card.

I don't, when you see an article on msnbc.com that's about microsoft they always have something that says "microsoft is a partner with msnbc"...it's just in the interest of full disclosure. I think it's a fair question.

Right, but until [H]ocp and KB networks becomes a partner with either AMD or Intel (which would be a bad thing) I'm sure Kyle wants to appear as impartial as humanly possible.

Why do most informed readers have such utter disrespect for the Inquirer? Especially around video-card related articles? Sure, their info is mainly FUD, but they show a clear bias towards ATI products, and have voiced their dislike (either covertly or overtly) against NVIDIA.

Kyle, I'm sure, doesn't want any more attacks against him (which only serve to discredit the website that we all know and love) over his personal preference for AMD or Intel.

Real news and believable reviews come from impartiality, not from bias... regardless of how founded this bias really is. So, as valid as your question is (and trust me, stick around here for long enough, you'll learn the answer) I just don't think it should be openly expressed. The last thing we want is another wave of fan*!*!*!*!boys bitching here and there about his reviews... Especially with Barcelona and Penryn coming out.

That's my personal opinion, feel free to chime in at any time Kyle :p

After reading that article, I fully expected him to be attacked by Duby, Serge, and the like for pointing out that AMD was doing poorly in both the desktop and server markets, so the backlash of people calling him an AMD fanatic completely caught me by surprise.

Personally, I thought it was a good article, as long as you realize the fact that a lot of his predictions hinge heavily on Bercelona being the knock-out his inside sources tell him it is. I'm not entirely sold on that, but only time will tell.

As for the topic of this thread, I think Kyle is a fan of whatever hardware is the best blend of price, performance, power usage, and enthusiast friendliness. However, wording the question in the manner you did is going to get you nowhere, especially seeing as this question is not appropriate for this forum section. Thus, in before the lock :)

I don't think being a "Fan" of one or the other means anything.

I am an "ATI Fan", always owned ATI video cards, never owned a single nVidia card, until tomorrow around 3 o'clock however when my 8800GTS gets delivered. I like it much better than any other ATI product out there so I bought it. It's as simple as that for me and others. Buy whatever is going to give you the best performance. Right now thats Intel and nVidia.

despite what others have expressed, I think it's important to know where the reviewer is coming from. If Kyle tells me he isn't biased, that's good enough for me. If he tells me he prefers one company over the other, that's also good enough for me...I just want to know.
I am currently using AMD but am in the process of upgrading to a C2D, I am in the "whatever works best is what I'll use" camp but I don't write reviews so it's not really important. If I find out that the car reviewer for consumer reports was laid off by Ford and HATES them with a passion, that's info I need to know when reading reviews of Ford or other companies. Same thing here, if I'm basing purchase decisions partially on what I read here, it's info I need to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back