Hey, how come no Crysis 2 benchmarks yet?

DualOwn

[H]ard|Gawd
so far nvidia cards are destroying amd cards in Crysis 2, is Kyle waiting for performance boost from AMD drivers?

Pretty sure it has something to do with the fact that it's a console port and really, there's no point in benchmarking a DX9 game. Especially when there are other DX9 games that benchmark really well.

Pretty sure it has something to do with the fact that it's a console port and really, there's no point in benchmarking a DX9 game. Especially when there are other DX9 games that benchmark really well.

i would like to agree but the truth is that there is not a single game out yet that is truly DX11, and i dont want to start with DX10 so pretty much everything is still DX9.
Lets hope Dice keeps their word and BF3 turns out to be the first true DX11 game.

Here's one: not quite a steady 30 fps on both nvidia (PS3) and ATI (XB360). :D

console port has nothing to do with as some of those have built in benchmarks.

Why bench what seems like an unpopular title, that brings nothing to the table benchmark wise that is not already there? It's just another DX9 console port. It is easier to just bench titles with tools already built in, and makes more sense to bench games that more people are interested in, and that use an engine more likely to be used in other titles imho.

So if you already "know" that nvidia destroys AMD in this game, why are you asking [H] to benchmark it with a bizarre passive aggressive topic?

The bigger question is: why aren't you asking Guru3D or Anandtech or any other hardware site to bench Crysis 2? In fact, Tom's Hardware is the only site that I've found that actually benchmarks the game.

but I guess logic and reason don't apply to people that are ridiculous/childish enough to be a fanboy and cheerleader for a fucking video card company.

The /thread command has been used twice, yet the thread continues?!

Why do you want to benchmark Crysis 2? It like wanting to dyno your cavalier, no one cares.

So if you already "know" that nvidia destroys AMD in this game, why are you asking [H] to benchmark it with a bizarre passive aggressive topic?

The bigger question is: why aren't you asking Guru3D or Anandtech or any other hardware site to bench Crysis 2? In fact, Tom's Hardware is the only site that I've found that actually benchmarks the game.

but I guess logic and reason don't apply to people that are ridiculous/childish enough to be a fanboy and cheerleader for a fucking video card company.

im not into apples vs apples.

i like H reviews more than the sites you mentioned.

btw, why so serious?

B/c nobody gives a !!!!!

Come on man.

What you are suggesting is nonsense. The game is a step BACK in terms of graphics.

If you want a benchmark that counts, may I suggest The Witcher 2 with ubersampling? That is a rig stressor.

waiting for the DX11 patch to be released before a proper benchmark can be run

Bait..more like angryface.. I ordered it without knowing much, trusting that Crytek would stay true to its roots of PC gaming and not shaft me with some console ported DX9 piece of crap..=\ I won't be making that mistake again.

Crysis 2 with AMD is just horrible peformace wise and image quality, i have a weird ghosting issue with it on moving objects. I looked on Youtube fore some videos with nvidia gpu's and the ghosting is not there. I heard the culprit could be the temporal AA used by shitty CryEngine 3.

I like Crysis 2, it was a fun SP to play when I didn't want to think, kinda like playing doom lol.

Back