Hey guys looking for some pics or other info on front bezel mounted 5"-6.4" LCDs

I want to put one in but I cant find alot of info on what sizes will fit and where to get them from. Right now I have a dual output 6800 for a card.

Thanks
Hella

5.6" is about the max that will fit in a 5.25" drive bay due to width, and that will take up three 5.25" bays total.

5" screens fill up three 3.5" bays nicely, almost like they were made for it.

4" screens can be squeezed into two 5.25 bays with plenty of room on each side. Useful for switches or fanbus stuff. Also a good fit for 3.5" bays, but require a frame to cover the not-so-pretty parts of the LCD module.

Anything larger will need some gentle manipulation on the case, unless it was mounted sideways.... Hmmm.....

Any place that does higher-end car stereo stuff should be able to get raw LCD modules, or in easily moddable housings. I picked up my first LCDs from www.PartsExpress.com back in 2000, they still carry them. There's also the Playstation LCDs, those require a bit more effort due to larger PCBs and control boards but work just as well and are usually quite a bit cheaper.

Back