Hey, does this look like a good deal to you too? (Dell)

Bona Fide

2[H]4U
amazingdelldeal.PNG

$1691 - 30% discount = $1184.

It's basically loaded in my eyes, and I can't think of a reason not to pull the trigger. Is there something I'm missing, or is this really that good? :eek:

That looks like a pretty good deal to me. It loaded. Good video card, fast 64 bit processor, dvd burner, loaded with ram, beffier battery, fast HD, bluetooth, and I believe the best screen available for it.

By the way how do you get the 30% off? I thought I saw it mentioned on a site earlier today but I accidently closed it and don't know what site it was. It's just a coupon code right? Nevermind slickdeals.net has the info. 9D42R7W2D0?F0B

i basically just ordered the same system as you did except i got the core2duo at 1.83, 1 gb ram, xsga+ screen, the 120gb 5400 hdd, 6 and 9 cell batteries, no bluetooth and the 4 year prem warr. shipped w/ tax came to $1400. oh i also got the usb tv tuner

the reason i got the better warr is my wife and kids will also be useing it some and lets just say they are not the most carefull people in the world.

enjoy your system

and pull that trigger before the 30% off is gone only 7000 available

rabiddawgs said:
i basically just ordered the same system as you did except i got the core2duo at 1.83, 1 gb ram, xsga+ screen, the 120gb 5400 hdd, 6 and 9 cell batteries, no bluetooth and the 4 year prem warr. shipped w/ tax came to $1400. oh i also got the usb tv tuner

the reason i got the better warr is my wife and kids will also be useing it some and lets just say they are not the most carefull people in the world.

enjoy your system

Yeah, definitely. I'll be placing the order later tonight, when I get home.

rabiddawgs said:

enjoy your system

It is quite tempting. I've been holding off for a macbook with Core 2 Duo processors, but I dunno that I can wait much longer. I'd love to have both but can't do that...plus I need to get rid of/should get rid of some computer stuff I alrady have now. Do you guys think there will be any better deals around black Friday or later in November? I mean 30% is pretty sweet.

trckn4life said:
It is quite tempting. I've been holding off for a macbook with Core 2 Duo processors, but I dunno that I can wait much longer. I'd love to have both but can't do that...plus I need to get rid of/should get rid of some computer stuff I alrady have now. Do you guys think there will be any better deals around black Friday or later in November? I mean 30% is pretty sweet.

You do know that Apple recently released the new Core 2 Duos in their Mac Book Pros don't you?
http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/

carp3n0ct3m said:
You do know that Apple recently released the new Core 2 Duos in their Mac Book Pros don't you?
http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/
Yeah I know they did relase them in the pros. That's really probably what I should order. Then, I'd have OSX and XP or vista abilities since I do IT work full time. Plus, some work on the side. I'd want to order the middle macbook pro and I don't know that I can afford to shell out about 2,500 plus I'd want a 3 yr. warranty if I'm dropping that kinda dough. But, I do work for an educational institution so I know I can get a discount that way.

trckn4life said:
Yeah I know they did relase them in the pros. That's really probably what I should order. Then, I'd have OSX and XP or vista abilities since I do IT work full time. Plus, some work on the side. I'd want to order the middle macbook pro and I don't know that I can afford to shell out about 2,500 plus I'd want a 3 yr. warranty if I'm dropping that kinda dough. But, I do work for an educational institution so I know I can get a discount that way.

I don't know about you, but this 30% discount is pretty damn tempting to me. I'd give Dell a second look if I were you.

Bona Fide said:
I don't know about you, but this 30% discount is pretty damn tempting to me. I'd give Dell a second look if I were you.
Yes it is definitely tempting. I mean for the money saved (so to speak) I could even buy a mac mini I imagine (comparing a macbook pro middle of the road with 3 yr warranty to a loaded dell 1505 (wouldn't want larger due to portability) with a 3 year)..plus there is the free vista upgrade running now. hum...

Back