Hey all! How many are bored with WoW?

I enjoyed progression and being top in the server, but they made encounters so easy (Naxx in 1 night? Seriously?) Then you get the very best gear, but its no better than the next guy. Thats frustrating.

As for alts, i had no problem with my alt having gear 2 instances behind current content. Thats why its an alt.

Naxx is an entry level raid. It's supposed to be easy. In fact Blizzard always said it would be. You can get 80 and go straight in naxx.
Ulduar is a different story.

I personally don't consider myself as having a main. I play all my toons. Little bit of this one, little bit of that one. In terms of progression i'm way behind everyone. I'm fine with that. But when you look at PvP catching up is down right painful.

I enjoyed progression and being top in the server, but they made encounters so easy (Naxx in 1 night? Seriously?) Then you get the very best gear, but its no better than the next guy. Thats frustrating.

As for alts, i had no problem with my alt having gear 2 instances behind current content. Thats why its an alt.

Yeah, Naxx is stupidly easy. I didn't have a chance to do it until my recent return since I quit shortly after I hit 80 but man we were clearing through that place with downies still using greens and blues (me being one of the people with a few blues left). Ulduar is a bit more challenging though and it's a really interesting instance in my opinion, though not nearly as hard SSC/TK or anything, from what I've seen.

I do arena / Bg's from time to time. Did the raiding thing since vanilla, just not my thing anymore.

Scheduled raiding is what you want to avoid and you'll have a good time for the most part in game still.

I played it for a few months back around when BC came out. I enjoyed the lower levels, although I went through them quickly... Hit 70 within a month, after a few weeks of raiding and trying out pvp I really lost interest and quit. I made it out pretty good though, I played for just under 2 months and ended up selling my account for quite a bit of money.

Haven't gone back since, although I do have a room-mate (not for much longer) who plays it all the damn time.

Last edited:
Here is my 2 cents on the matter. WoW is a fun game but it just takes too much time to accomplish anything. Once I hit 80 with my DK, it all started to go downhill. The time investment is just not worth the return. It would take forever to get a group together to go raid, and even then someone would drop or start squabbling. Back when I didn't have a girlfriend I could afford to sit down and play for 3 or 4 hours at a time. Now, I have to take it when I it comes around. Meaning, that if I have an hour to play a game I need to get in and start playing, not wait for the right ppl ect.

Overall I enjoyed my experience with WoW but I just can't put the time into it anymore.

Here is my 2 cents on the matter. WoW is a fun game but it just takes too much time to accomplish anything. Once I hit 80 with my DK, it all started to go downhill. The time investment is just not worth the return. It would take forever to get a group together to go raid, and even then someone would drop or start squabbling. Back when I didn't have a girlfriend I could afford to sit down and play for 3 or 4 hours at a time. Now, I have to take it when I can get it. Meaning, that if I have an hour to play a game, I need to get in and start playing, not wait for the right ppl ect.

Overall I enjoyed my experience with WoW but I just can't put the time into it anymore.

Last edited:
Here is my 2 cents on the matter. WoW is a fun game but it just takes too much time to accomplish anything. Once I hit 80 with my DK, it all started to go downhill. The time investment is just not worth the return. It would take forever to get a group together to go raid, and even then someone would drop or start squabbling. Back when I didn't have a girlfriend I could afford to sit down and play for 3 or 4 hours at a time. Now, I have to take it when I it comes around. Meaning, that if I have an hour to play a game I need to get in and start playing, not wait for the right ppl ect.

MMOs require a certain level of commitment if you want to be serious about it. They're most definitely not for everyone. Im with you though. I used to raid pretty hard back in the beginning of BC. But a few months in and I just didn't have time anymore. Didn't like not being able to be spontaneous because I wanted to raid :p. I quit PVE and played the Arenas for most of my WoW career.

Great game, just not for me.

Closest I ever got to WoW was LEEROYY Jenkins vids and a mom catching her kid ('busted, grounded') on the WoW forums.

MMOs are too simplistic and grindy.. Or so I thought. Then I tried EVE.

i've quit for about 6 months now, pondering selling my 80 rogue <_<

must..wait..for...aion

I was a pretty hardcore raider up until a coulpe of months ago.
Finally decided to quit after 4 years, and I am so happy. I have the time now to go back and finish up a whole bunch of games I never finished.

Im new here, and I need to get my post count up. So I figured I'd introduce myself a little, and as the title states... How many of you have played WoW, and gotten bored with it? I myself started playing at release (known as Vanilla wow now)

I was in a Full t2 geared raiding guild, and Upon the release of TBC My (now ex) wife and I switched servers to one that started up when TBC was released. My wow carrer started to dwindle after that, it became the same ol grind... Get to 70! Grind for money, farm mats, Do this, do that, Oh shit, now we have 5k gold to buy that stupid epic flying skill. Now, Grind to 80 with the release of WOTLK! Bah, Repetative much? So.. I guess im just tired of the same crap with different names and better drawn graphics. I dont feel like i wasted a bunch of my "life" playing wow... I find myself playing more and more old school RPGS for like the Snes and PS... Those were good games now... anyways, I've rambled enough!

-Shadow-

More time spent on "life" and you might still be "married". Long grind on that one too.

WoW. This is one of those games that needs a good group of people to play with.

Raiding with people who know what they are doing is one of the greatest gaming experiences there has been for me. It was even more epic back in the old classic days when 40 game addicts had to coordinate strategies against rather unforgiving bosses.

I did retire briefly before the first expansion because I simply burned out. Too much Molten Core, so much in fact I hit exalted with Waterlords. But I'm playing again, as the dranei priest Mudu on Skywall, and I'm having fun in Ulduar with the people I play with. The newer content is interesting, and much easier on the grind factor than it used to be. But I don't think I would be still playing if I were unguilded and not a part of a greater effort.

I quit WoW like 3 months ago. While, I'm still bored due to not gaming as much. I have plenty of time to do other things.

I quit WoW about 2 years ago and have since then rarely played any games at all (I got Assassin's Creed for my birthday last year). The only game I'm somewhat looking forward to now is Mortal Online. I really hope it comes close to all the hype it's getting.

I quit WoW about 2 years ago and have since then rarely played any games at all (I got Assassin's Creed for my birthday last year). The only game I'm somewhat looking forward to now is Mortal Online. I really hope it comes close to all the hype it's getting.

Copy that. Aion is also fairly interesting so far...we'll see.

Played wow from the very beginning. I stopped after my girlfriend left me. Realized the game took my life . That was in December and now I'm itching to play again. Help someone!:eek:

Quit last week, server's dying, about 8 of my RL friends quit a month or two back, and 3 of my in-game friends quit as well.

Naturally it just got boring. Playing all the games I bought on steam and Oblivion now that I have time to catch up. :D

Hopefully the new Star Wars MMO will be good. :)

Played wow from the very beginning. I stopped after my girlfriend left me. Realized the game took my life . That was in December and now I'm itching to play again. Help someone!:eek:

Noob. Get a girlfriend that plays WoW.

Dude thats rough... well maybe she was only playing because you where there. Lost interest after it was over with you two

Quit playing weeks ago. Haven't missed playing yet. Do miss chatting with friends online, but i am not playing WoW just for that. On the other hand, i do need a new game or something to do with that free time now... :D

I just got my Paladin to 80, got it mostly geared up. Now I'm at the point where I can either join a raid guild to keep upgrading or just keep doing mindless dailies/pvp.

It's so wierd how everytime I log on I can't wait to log off. Then when I'm off playing another game, I want to be playing wow.

It's like I enjoy the idea of playing wow more than actually playing it... lol

I've tried playing FF7 and FFX to get my mind off it, but those games piss me off with the random battles every 5 steps.

I really need to find some other game to throw myself into

^ ^ ^ You could install and play the new Bethesda Pack for Oblivion and Morrowind. Those are great games.

It's so wierd how everytime I log on I can't wait to log off. Then when I'm off playing another game, I want to be playing wow.

It's like I enjoy the idea of playing wow more than actually playing it... lol

I was the same way! I enjoyed planning out character builds and got excited with the thought of getting new gear. But when I was actually playing I was bored out of my skull. Same with when I go back to Diablo2 every year for a couple months. I love planning out a badass character, but I don't actually really enjoy playing it :p.

Aion is the next big thing.

Retail goes live Sept 22 or 25.

Closed Beta Events happening now.

Aion is the next big thing.

Retail goes live Sept 22 or 25.

Closed Beta Events happening now.

A post/thread like this happens every few months.

Hellgate: London... next big thing!
WAR... next big thing!
AoC... next big thing!
Darkfall... next big thing!

See what I'm getting at? ;)

Back