Hero's of Newerth

I didnt take anything out of context. Read what you said. If your intention was not to be a racist prick you chose the worst possible wording.

Thats fine. It still holds that Russians, Brazilians and Thais are some of the worst people to play this game with. The are huge sore losers and they end up joining US servers sometimes and having a bitch fest in their native language. If you consider that being racist than grow thicker skin. It is no coincidence that you will often see game names where its says no Brazilians/Russians.

Thats fine. It still holds that Russians, Brazilians and Thais are some of the worst people to play this game with. The are huge sore losers and they end up joining US servers sometimes and having a bitch fest in their native language. If you consider that being racist than grow thicker skin. It is no coincidence that you will often see game names where its says no Brazilians/Russians.

I've never been cursed out in Russian before... am I damaged if I look forward to it?

I'm pretty good at HoN, but I have stopped playing it. Everyone is so unpleasant to play with. Apparently every game is a pissing contest. If your team wins, they brag. If they lose, they blame you (even when they are feeding 0-12). It's just so annoying. I just want some folks who are down-to-earth and who are good, but don't take the game terribly seriously. I can't find that with HoN.

Is there a [H] list of people playing HoN or is there not enough of an interest here? Having decent people to play with definitely makes the game more enjoyable.

alright alright lets get back on topic. Don't want this to turn into a hissy fit.

Anyways, Just played two more games with Baker and won both. First game was a lot of bitching but we pulled through. Second was a joke. Was a lot of fun though. Finally getting the builds down.

Hit me up if you want down to earth people to play with. I only play support and I can hang with pretty good people. I can handle USE and USW servers as well. Game name newster.

Don't think I posted it earlier but my name is the same as my name here.

Xenomaniac

I agree that LoL isn't the be all end all of dota games but like I said earlier the interface is so much easier to use imo.

To me when HoN had free week a little bit ago, I couldn't find everything it looked like a generic shooter with the bland grey/brown/dark colors. Personally I like seeing my opponents health bar above his head like in LoL. I think LoL could have towers with more health and etc, but some of the champs are so much fun.

I play Garen all the time he's awesome!

Played beta and I thought the game was great. Basically dota 2.0, nice graphic update, stat tracking, reconnection are all good. Unfortunately, Hon got one of the worst community ever in an online game. It actually makes the cs/xbLive community look like boy scouts

I agree that LoL isn't the be all end all of dota games but like I said earlier the interface is so much easier to use imo.

To me when HoN had free week a little bit ago, I couldn't find everything it looked like a generic shooter with the bland grey/brown/dark colors. Personally I like seeing my opponents health bar above his head like in LoL. I think LoL could have towers with more health and etc, but some of the champs are so much fun.

You can mod all that either your self or use existing mods. You could have an interface with pink ponies if you really wanted.

Played beta and I thought the game was great. Basically dota 2.0, nice graphic update, stat tracking, reconnection are all good. Unfortunately, Hon got one of the worst community ever in an online game. It actually makes the cs/xbLive community look like boy scouts

This sums up my thoughts on HoN played beta and loved it, bought it on release day and was quickly turned off by the community. Not sure what happened the beta community was awesome.

In HoN press ' (next to Enter) and now you'll see all of the health bars above Heros, creeps, and towers.

Xeno, you should go back and edit the OP sometime with a list of people who would like to play. You all can add me too; BloodHarvest

Maybe start up a [H] clan?

If y'all want to, I'm not much into clans anymore. I'm a very casual gamer right now. With my final year at college and my DJing, games are for the late night when I'm winding down.

Yea, I'm just up for friendly games right now. We usually game around 8PM central time. But I'll add you peoples to my friends list soon as I get off of work.

Yah I found that one out by accident. When I first started playing, it was always on then I bumped that key and it disappeared.

ok I just played a couple of games and yes, this is a thousand times harder than LoL or dota.

I think the better graphics make things harder to see what's going on for a start. That coupled with orders of magnitude more things to keep track of make this have a much larger learning curve, more like a hockey stick than a mild grade.

You all were right.

If the graphics are to much of a distraction you can always tone them down.

I'm so glad it's my "Friday". HoN LAN tonight! If anyone wants to join us online, we'll be on around 8PM central. Probably be on until 2ish. :)

We hang out in channel )v( or message me; BloodHarvest

We are not pros and we play for fun. Bitch-fest players need not apply. :p

HoN name - infecto (letter not number zero)

The community sometimes blows but there is nothing better than owning someone who thought they were winning. Had a guy who was talking shit the entire early game because they were winning and then we just bled them out for free kills. Vindi had like 25/10 and I had 27/11 lol.

We had an epic high level match before the new patch came in a screwed everything up. It's fixed now. They fixed the problem pretty fast too. What was happening was people would join a game and most of the hero's would be invisible.

The more I learn, the more fun this game gets.

We've been having some good games recently. I'll try to add you peoples to my friends list after I get off of work.

if you can play HoN in a small little group just against each other and have fun, that doesn't sound like a bad idea at all.

once you venture outside of that group, you will find that HoN's community is nothing but ass hats that wont let you play in their games because you are not as elite as they are.

edit: I played dota for over 3 years, played HoN for about 3-4 months and now I'm happy with league of legends, when its working.

I play pretty much every day and am always looking for new friends to play with during normal USW hours.

name: hammyton

People have different tastes, I like games to be more challenging, thus no LoL for me.

Well I'm going to get on for a few games.

People have different tastes, I like games to be more challenging, thus no LoL for me.

Well I'm going to get on for a few games.

Complete and utter nonsense. Playing against people is playing against people, the only thing more challenging about HoN is the pita UI and shop.

How exactly can you even make the argument that HoN is more challenging?:rolleyes:

Complete and utter nonsense. Playing against people is playing against people, the only thing more challenging about HoN is the pita UI and shop.

How exactly can you even make the argument that HoN is more challenging?:rolleyes:

Did you even bother reading over this thread before rolling your eyes? We've already touched on this. Thanks.

Oh man, this game becomes way more fun when your friends you've been playing with finally pass over the noob bridge and first step onto ownage land.

I went from 1500 PSR (fresh account) to about 1100 PSR... I'm now back to about 1520 PSR. Woot, good job mates!!!

Back