Heroes of Newerth beta

Actually even in a pub with random people, everybody that is even remotely competent will find a good enough hero that "can" help out against said overpowered heroes.

@shansoft -- this is far better and will be better than DOTA ever will be imo.

how is it better? and how is it far better?

in terms of graphic, of course..

in terms of game play, no way..... I rather stick with DotA, unless they finally have different style like Demigod did, then I will definitely in for a copy..

See.... in terms of gameplay wise it's almost identical to DOTA (Pretty much carbon copy, so DOTA isn't better) adding on with the features HoN has, it is better than DOTA.

Demigod is good, but not better than HoN. I also own Demigod and kind of regret getting it for retail price when it just came out of beta.

From what I’ve seen in my 70 or so games (never played DotA), there are definitely some OP heroes. There is a reason that the same heroes keep showing up every game, and why you never (or rarely) see others. That said, many of them are powerful at different stages of the game. INT nukers own early when HP is low, AGI carries own the late game when they get the top-end items etc. Disablers all do well in team battles, and 5v5 is more balanced for sure.

I totally agree with the awful community comment. 80% are DotA vets, and there is a high percentage of tools. It was kind of rough starting out. Even joining games that say ‘noobs only’ or w/e, you still get asshats telling you that you suck, or “OMFG why did you buy that item?”. You have to do a little research with each hero if you want to do well.

On another note, does anyone else get stuttering or freezes? It seems like at least a couple of times each game, it will stutter for a couple of seconds. More rare is the complete freeze for 5 seconds or so. I’ve died several times to that, it’s pretty annoying.

I do sometimes get stuttering. It seems to be a connection problem. What I do is disconnect from the game and reconnect and that usually fixes it.

I send you an PM Teecee , i hope it worked (PM box sais 0 sent messeges ??? :( )

Still complaining?

Defiler can be stopped easily, madman can also be stopped until late game. He's not very good early-mid.

You never let madman farm.

Hey guys, I'm reading this thread and this game looks MEGA addictive. I'd love to try it out. If any of you guys have a spare invite and don't mind sending one out please pass one along to me :) email is [email protected] or feel free to PM

please dont pay for this game. votekick is stupid, heroes aren't balanced, and the community is absolute shit

Please don't play this game if all you do is complain. The game isn't even released yet, there is lots to add.

Please don't play this game if all you do is complain. The game isn't even released yet, there is lots to add.

do you know about the nymphora exploit? you can tp people into the top of the map and essentially guarantee your team to lose. s2 still hasn't fixed it and chances are they won't. they simply don't listen.

please dont pay for this game. votekick is stupid, heroes aren't balanced, and the community is absolute shit

You must be bad to get vote-kicked all the time. The community isn't horrible, you just suck and bitch in-game a lot and everyone just don't like you haha :D

And the exploit will get fixed eventually I haven't heard of it until now, and this is a beta, quit your bitching before we votekick you rofl.

hey guys anyone have a beta key for this? or League of Legends?

thanks in advance

For a while there it seemed like there was a patch almost every day, but nothing in the last 10 days. Maybe they have something big planned?

Hmm.. nothing in the last 10 days? I think Andromeda was added within the last 10 days wasn't she? Also I think 3 more heroes are on the way right now. So it'll just be in time. I trust S2 games doing this, a lot of people have the game pre-ordered so it should help definitely on funding their project.

I personally much prefer League Of Legends and encourage everyone to check it out (although it is still a closed beta too). I feel it has a pretty good community, check out my post on it here: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1448696

That being said, I do have 3 keys to hand out. The first 3 people to PM me with their email will get them. After which, I will update this post to denote that my keys are gone. Enjoy!

Edit: All keys have been sent!

Last edited:
I wish this came out when demigod came out so I wouldn't have bought it. Demigod had something going but feels dull and missing a lot.

A pretty huge patch just dropped. There are some tweaks to most heroes by the looks of it, and a new one too. I'm not sure what to make of it yet, but the cosmetic changes are nice.

The new voices are kind of annoying. "One of your structures is under attack!" or whatever he says makes me crack up every time I hear it.

-Hammerstorm buff makes me very very happy, he wasn't useless before but he definitely needed what he got.

-Magmus and Swiftblade's ults are now buffed my Staff of the Master which irks me a bit seeing as the general consensus was that neither were in any need of a buff.

-Maliken seems pretty awesome, but I think it will be easy to counter for awhile seeing as he's a mashup of other characters and not many are sure how to play him yet and the fact that one of his main damaging abilities isn't even working. I encountered him 4 times last night and 3 of the 4 games he was very easily countered.

They actually fixed him last night and pushed out a mini-patch shortly after the main one to get his skill back.

In the games I've played today where someone picks him though, they've done horrible. No one sems to know exactly how to play him or waht builds to go for with him.

Maliken is actually really good, his sword throw move is so good alongside his buff passive, you can creep easily and buff him up using his ult. He scales pretty well. Also, you can teleport so you can run away good too.

hmm sounds like a pretty interesting game... anyone still have keys for this?

I'm so addicted to this game right now. My favorite guy (even after the release of the Panda) is still Magebane. Who else here is still currently playing this?

I'm so addicted to this game right now. My favorite guy (even after the release of the Panda) is still Magebane. Who else here is still currently playing this?

I'm playing it a ton. I never played dota so whoen I started it was all a bit new to me (only similar game i played was demigod).

My favorite currently is pebbles, I love stunning and tossing people.

Magebane was already strong, now with his recent buffs he seems a bit op to me once he's built up.

I'm playing it a ton. I never played dota so whoen I started it was all a bit new to me (only similar game i played was demigod).

My favorite currently is pebbles, I love stunning and tossing people.

Magebane was already strong, now with his recent buffs he seems a bit op to me once he's built up.

Yea, I heard of dota, but never played it. I'm still pretty new to HoN. So how exactly was Magebane recently buffed, I only know him in his current state.

Yea, I heard of dota, but never played it. I'm still pretty new to HoN. So how exactly was Magebane recently buffed, I only know him in his current state.

His flash was put together with his (what used to be) passive magic resistence and now it buffs your allies as well (when you use it near them).

His other skill (which took the place of his passive magic res) is completely new, it hurts casters if they cast a spell near you and it makes them cast slower.

His flash was put together with his (what used to be) passive magic resistence and now it buffs your allies as well (when you use it near them).

His other skill (which took the place of his passive magic res) is completely new, it hurts casters if they cast a spell near you and it makes them cast slower.

Ah, I hope they keep it that way, because I just went 20-5 with him :p

How long do the invites take to receive? My buddy gave me one yesterday and I haven't received the email yet. I checked my spam folders and nothing is there.

same here, I was 'sent' one a few days ago but I haven't received it yet :(

I haven't had a chance yet, but I've been loving LoL
I tried to play LoL and I'm not a fan of the game play mechanics they've changed compared to DOTA. Creeping is useless because they aren't worth much gold, even if there is more of them, it's all about who can push towers the fastest. At least that was my initial observations. I like a LOT of the UI changes though, the skills and items are an improvement.

Back