Heroes of Newerth beta

I have couple invites to throw out. Msg vursed @ #honscrim @ irc.gamesurge.net for one.

Thanks to Crucible1001 for one of his keys I had the opportunity to try this game out last night. It is quite fun but definitely takes some getting used to even if you've played dota. My first game took me a few minutes to figure out how the shop works. It is pretty much identical to dota though as far as items and characters. I have only played a few rounds but many of the heroes I recognize from dota. Its definitely a good game. The GUI is very nice as well. If someone leaves with 2 seconds left before game start, the timer stops which is awesome. I like it and am just starting out.

also got 3 more to give - 1st 3 to pm me e-mail gets em

*ALL GONE*

Last edited:
I´d like to try this game. Never played any games like it before. Anyone got a key and would like to give it to me? All I can give you is Thank You:) PM me or send me an email with the key...thanks.

Where do you actually get the invites to send to friends? Are they through facebook, or in the actual game? I got a key, and have registered an account etc. I haven’t had time to play yet though, and I wanted to practice with a friend first, since neither of us played DotA. Maybe I need to play some games first before I get invites LOL. That would make sense.

game is pretty fun, but its kinda tough :p

Does anyone recommend a Certain hero for noobies? Or which heros might be good for noobs? thanks

Why would they? Only one who would care would be DotA author IceFrog who I hear was working with the HoN team anyway.

And he ripped it from the ORIGINAL creator Eul, so it would be pretty hypocritical if he did get riled up. Its all moot anyways, as they clearly state on their website for anyone who is in the beta that they got permission.

You are about to play a stand alone DotA based game. We have asked IceFrog if he had any objections to this and he did not, he is ok with it. Heroes of Newerth contains both content very similiar to DOTA and brand new content of S2 Games' creation.

We wanted to take a moment to share with you why it is very important you do not share this information with anyone, and to give some insight as to why we chose to create Heroes of Newerth:

1. At S2, we're huge fans of DOTA, and were pained to see how it was being held back on the warcraft 3 engine. DOTA style gameplay deserves a stand alone game so competition can be taken to the next level. As a MOD, DOTA faces many obstacles and boundaries that a stand alone title like Heroes of Newerth does not.
2. We also felt that the experience of playing and finding DOTA games online could use some drastic improvement. With HoN, there are many features and tools to make playing online (both with friends and by yourself) a much easier and more enjoyable experience. Your position as testers will help us perfect and fine tune these features, as well as allow us to see how they perform under various conditions.

Our first portion of testing is to see the installer in action on multiple system configurations and to test our Master Server & Chat Server with multiple game loads. Please keep your feedback accurate and concise.

You are free to communicate and discuss Heroes of Newerth publich, including forum discussions and talking to friends and family. However, the sharing of media relating to HoN (videos, screenshots) is prohibited and we'd kindly ask our testers not to disclose any game related media to those not actively in the Heroes of Newerth Beta.

We take the NDA very seriously. If you're in this beta, presumably it's to help us make HoN as successful as it can be. Part of that means not leaking media.

We hope you enjoy the beta and help us make HoN as awesome as it deserves to be! :)

Please direct any questions you may have to the beta forum.

With that said, thank you for helping us polish HoN and we look forward to all your input.

Thanks,
The S2 Team

I'm interested in trying this out (Been playing DoTA for 3 years now).

I'd appreciate a key/invite. Thanks.

Very cool game, and addictive yes. The learning curve is a little steep for someone that’s never played DotA, but it just takes a few games to have a basic understanding. I've spent hours reading all the info on the HoN forums.

Last edited:
Hi, i know that doin this first post here for a key is not right but i realy want the the beta key please.

I would be very grateful.

Wich ever is your anwer Thx enyway.:)

I would love to try, if someone got invites to spare.. Maybe could send me one? Many thanks in advance.

The graphics are great but the balance in this game is messed up. Pick Defiler and its gg for the other team. Also the fact that you can freely stack tier-4 damage items when in dota you're just limited to 1 or 2.

Defiler? lol, she's not that good if your team has the right build.

Any hero has the potential to be good but it depends a lot on how your team and the others is made up.

Defiler? Jereziah + madman = death for a caster or any group of them. Jereziah casts magic immunity and he can tear through them. You could throw in predator as well, his leap attack + magic immunity ability makes him a good person to attack casters like defiler.

What's a counter you would use for Arachna? Arachna is usually god at ganking intelligence, most agility and strength classes early and mid game solo.

it depends a lot on how your team and the others is made up.

That can be said about anything. Yes you can win if your team is good.

There is a concept called tiers (see http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=12622, needs log-in) and most everyone agrees that the one hero that is always listed as god-tier is defiler.

Magic immunity is useless against defiler ulti because it is physical.

Arachna is a single-target dps hero that's easily countered by hard disablers. Succubus > Arachna

Anyone have a spare key left? Been playin DoTA for years and just heard about this...

What's a counter you would use for Arachna? Arachna is usually god at ganking intelligence, most agility and strength classes early and mid game solo.

Her strength is 1v1. So basically 2v1 her. If you have a stunner, it's pretty GG. Also if you ARE 1v1, carry a homecoming stone. Just start your TP as soon as she spiders you. If she's so farmed that she can kill you before your TP finishes or your that low....well that's your fault.

Map awareness is also key. If you're solo in your lane say top and mid goes missing (where Arachna usually lanes), you probably are getting ganked.

That can be said about anything. Yes you can win if your team is good.

There is a concept called tiers (see http://forums.heroesofnewerth.com/showthread.php?t=12622, needs log-in) and most everyone agrees that the one hero that is always listed as god-tier is defiler.

Magic immunity is useless against defiler ulti because it is physical.

Arachna is a single-target dps hero that's easily countered by hard disablers. Succubus > Arachna

When she ults just get b, I'm still amazed when i play games with people and she ults and they just stand around close to her and don't realize they are taking dmg from her ult (IE when she's attacking a tower and they are standing behind it).

I generally play as the succubus or blood hunter and if she's on the team she's one of the main ones I will keep silenced/memorized (unless they have a aoe/stun on their team like magmus).

I love playing as the succubus against magmus, he goes for the ult then bam, memorize him and let my team kill or run away and he wasted his ult.

Sometimes things do some weird though in terms of what's considered magical and physical damage and what can escapeeport some things don't break it that should imo. what. (IE Magmus stun/blink can get out of many holds).

game has serious balancing problems

before you DOTA fanboys come in and say "OMZGZGZG ITS CALLED COUNTERZZZ LOLOLOL NEWB" Let me say, I don't give two shits about DOTA.

If they want to charge $30 for the game, then they need to balance it

And not to mention that everyone who plays it seems to be an asshole who only lives for their rating/KDR.

Um myndcrime.. the game isn't done yet, there are not enough hero counters in the game so some heroes will be pretty overpowered right now.

Nobody is forcing you to pay $30. Vote with your wallet.

Um myndcrime.. the game isn't done yet, there are not enough hero counters in the game so some heroes will be pretty overpowered right now.

Nobody is forcing you to pay $30. Vote with your wallet.

no one cares about counters if you're playing in a pub with random people.

Actually even in a pub with random people, everybody that is even remotely competent will find a good enough hero that "can" help out against said overpowered heroes.

@shansoft -- this is far better and will be better than DOTA ever will be imo.

also, votekick is seriously stupid. i got votekicked for playing around and voting to concede when we were winning.

the worst fucking community I've ever come across, because it's the battle.net community, but in a free (atm) game.

Oh, and getting kicked counts as a disconnect, which is stupid, and doesn't even make sense. So now I can't play no-leaver games.

Yea, $30? no.

also, votekick is seriously stupid. i got votekicked for playing around and voting to concede when we were winning.

the worst fucking community I've ever come across, because it's the battle.net community, but in a free (atm) game.

You were being a dick/ruining the game for others, what did you expect? :rolleyes:

Back