Heroes of Newerth beta

Hellraiser

Limp Gawd
Dam I was twice late to the key give away in shack news, maybe someone here would like to share a spare key if he has one? :p
Or just tell how is the game is if you can.

I thought they were giving the key out on their facebook page?

The game sucks, DotA is much better, not to mention all the heros don't look gay there.

The game sucks, DotA is much better, not to mention all the heros don't look gay there.

Really? It is Dota with better graphics to me. O nvm, all your posts are short and idiotic on this forum.

They are giving out free keys on their facebook website if anyone wanna play.

The game is identical to dota. The font is the same, the maps are practically copied, there are still mobs randomly placed in the maps which you can view via the minimap and their difficulty is denoted via a color and the size of the circle just like in dota. I could go further.

If you were to see someone playing it you would assume it is DoTA (if you ignored the UI - which actually looks very very similar to the warcraft 3 one).

The graphics are better though.

Thanks to kumquatsrus I got into the beta and played it a couple of times, it's fun but ubfortentaly it's full of dota players while I have never played dota.
So I started playing the only option there is-MP without knowing anything with hardcore people that played a lot of dota before.
Causing to me pissing off people and causing our team to lose and fucking up everyone's stats esp my with shitty k/d ratio, then it was hard to join a server cause no one wanted to play with me cause of my stats, ye a shitty experience for me so be warned cause the learning curve isn't easy and the community will prefer you to delete your account instead of teaching you how to play.

Thanks to kumquatsrus I got into the beta and played it a couple of times, it's fun but ubfortentaly it's full of dota players while I have never played dota.
So I started playing the only option there is-MP without knowing anything with hardcore people that played a lot of dota before.
Causing to me pissing off people and causing our team to lose and fucking up everyone's stats esp my with shitty k/d ratio, then it was hard to join a server cause no one wanted to play with me cause of my stats, ye a shitty experience for me so be warned cause the learning curve isn't easy and the community will prefer you to delete your account instead of teaching you how to play.

So host your own game and turn off stat tracking. I was teaching a friend to play, and that's what I did. Hosted "noobs only" games and turned off stat tracking.

]|[ Mar']['in ]|[;1034375487 said:
So host your own game and turn off stat tracking. I was teaching a friend to play, and that's what I did. Hosted "noobs only" games and turned off stat tracking.
Noob games are like watching retarded blinded puppies bumping into each other for an hour.

Really? It is Dota with better graphics to me. O nvm, all your posts are short and idiotic on this forum.
I'm sorry if I offended you, but DotA is much more polished, and has better heroes then Newerth. Not to mention the heroes don't all fit into one category with Str being bigger then Agi or Int, and Agi being the medium, with Int taking up the smallest category.

Not to mention the fact that agility heroes in Newerth outpace every other hero. It's basically DotA but easier.:rolleyes:

Btw: Don't try to insult me with a username of "Azn_playr" makes you look like an idiot.

This is going to be an updated DOTA, with better matchmaking (skill based, keeps track of leaves and ragequits), new versions of the old heroes people love, new heroes entirely, and more. I've been having a blast so far.

I'm a big fan of S2. Let me see if I can get some invites for you guys.

Remember its a BETA. It isn't going to be perfectly balanced. My scout and swiftblade are a little OP at the beginning.

]|[ Mar']['in ]|[;1034377792 said:
which based on what you were saying is how you play :rolleyes:
When you want to get better at something you don't go learning from people that are worse then you especially if those people have more experience and they still suck.

I missed all the beta giveaways too. I was in the betas for savage 1 and 2 and bought the games as soon as they came out which are both free now. I am surprised I did not just get invited for that. I also happen to be a big dota fan. I PMed Stiler though, maybe I will get one from him.

I really hope this game turns out well. We won't have to worry about rage quitters, feeders, etc because of stats. I do wonder though if we will see a DOTA in starcraft 2. I am sure custom mapping will be big with that game like it was for war 3.

Last edited:
I really hope this game turns out well. We won't have to worry about rage quitters, feeders, etc because of stats. I do wonder though if we will see a DOTA in starcraft 2. I am sure custom mapping will be big with that game like it was for war 3.

I doubt it, it worked for wc3 because of the hero system. The game would have to be ridiculously customizable for someone to be able to implement an entire experience and leveling system if there were not one in place already...though considering how popular sc2 will be, if its at all possible, it will happen.

I doubt it, it worked for wc3 because of the hero system. The game would have to be ridiculously customizable for someone to be able to implement an entire experience and leveling system if there were not one in place already...though considering how popular sc2 will be, if its at all possible, it will happen.

Call me crazy but I remember some RPG in Starcraft...

I never played DOTA on W3 so lets' say my first game of HoN was bad, really bad I had no idea what I was doing and endedup with a 5/15 ratio lol
I'll give it another try tonight, I've read a bit on it and I understand the concept a bit more ...

I have more then 1 to give, if someone wants it then pm your email with the request, maybe you will get to call me a noob the next time I will feel like trying it :S

if you have a beta key, you will eventually be able to invite people. Simply sign into their beta site and look for the invite button on the top right.

I'm looking for an invite!! (return pm with email)

really looking forward to the quakesounds 2.0

bbbb- bloodbath!

Also hardcore DOTA player here. Going to check this game out if I have access.

I have 3 keys if anyone wants one. Once you get in, they start handing them out to you like candy.

Back