Here's what the BFV ATi "Whinning" is about

SKiTLz

2[H]4U
Here's a few nice screenshots of what many of us ATi owners are "whining" and "bitching" about, acrording to the "it works for me so stfu everyone else" people on this board

Of course this is just a minor problem on a 9800 pro and I really should just wait for a patch right... I mean Im expecting too much right? :rolleyes:

01.jpg

02.jpg

If you look closely you can see my gun as it flickers in and out of focus.... I bought that game with the full intention of only being able too see my gun in random spirts...

Mine didn't have that problem, but it ran like pure shit. Remember Jurrassic Park Trespassor? Yeah, it ran like that.

I don't get those glitches in BFV, but I do get the exact same thing in the Farcry Demo, except it takes up about half the screen. And this is on a 9800...

Before we get the... "I have a 9800 Pro and it works so your a fucking moron" posts... They call it a bug and not a part of the game for a reason. It doesn't affect everyone..

Just had to get that outta the way....

I've been screweing around all day with drivers. Each time the same results...

Yes it looked the same, turned off shadows, and now its fine. With AA/AF both on.

Originally posted by fallguy
Yes it looked the same, turned off shadows, and now its fine. With AA/AF both on.

yea it worked.. thanks..

still have a few minor bugs but its at last playable now...

i still have shadows on, but i turned off "enable write combining" under the troobleshoot tab, game works fine now.
of course, i still have to disable aa/af.
9600pro btw.

Hell, you're lucky you've actually got video ... it keeps crashing on me, completely kills the video feed after about 2 to 4 minutes :) Gotta reboot to fix it.

Those are actually the new napalm special effects :p

They're also in red, white, and blue to present a form of patriotism into the game.

[/sarcasm]

Dunno if you took the time to read the readme... but disable AA/AF if ya havent. Fixed the problem for me with my 9800.

The thing is that most people want to play the game with AA/AF (why the hell would you have a high end card and NOT run with those settings is beyond me).

Bought this game, played for about 3-4 hrs, said meh, put it aside and have been playing FarCry ever since :).

This game isn't worth it in it's current state. BF1942 + DC has a MUCH more polished look to it.

Cheers,

Mr. Pain

Its not the hardware thats the problem its the geek running the hardware!

The only time I had a problem is when I tried using custom settings on my drivers. When I played the game, the names on peoples heads would stretch out over the whole screen and I couldn't see my weapon. If I turned the settings on my drivers to balance, the problems went away and the game still looked good.

Originally posted by cLaWz
Dunno if you took the time to read the readme... but disable AA/AF if ya havent. Fixed the problem for me with my 9800.

Geez you think? :rolleyes: Thats what were complaing about mate. Thats the BUG. Telling me to play with no AA/AF is like watching HDTV for 5 years straight then trying to watch a VCR tape. It looks like shit.

Sparky. Thought we already cleared up leav out the "its the person behind the machine" posts. If you honestly think that your fucking blind cause theres a number of people with issues. Most of which are incompatibilies with ATi cards and this game. Be it the game or drivers who knows. I do know the drivers were out before hte game though so....

Thanks for your great input though... Im going to go back to my A+ book now so I can become as l33t as some of you and talk down to people.

Thanks to those with real input. Game still feels flitchy but its at least playable now.... Gonna have to play online though cause the AI are just bloody morons.

anyone else find it kinda .. um... LAME !?!?! that you have to disable all your pimp features on your pimp card, to make a 'great new game' work ? lol

Originally posted by theNoid
anyone else find it kinda .. um... LAME !?!?! that you have to disable all your pimp features on your pimp card, to make a 'great new game' work ? lol

I suppose I'm lucky, I got my 9800AIW the same day as BFV, upgrading from my 8500AIW, so I'm not used to AA/AF. But I find that at 1280 resolution, I don't think I need it too much.

Noid, are you the guy that plays online as "Rick James' Bitch"?
I saw you around some on NinjaServe's EoD server, eh? Have you parked BFV & given up on it already? I have to say I miss some of the EoD maps, they were more enjoyable, but I think BFV does look so much better...

Back