Heres the setup I would like and wonderign if its possiable

alildevil

n00b
Currently I have (2) gtx 8800 and running all 3 monitors, it works well as is, but if I sli I get only main monitor working.
right now I got them (2) sides 1200x1600 (portrait mode) (1) main 30" 2560x1600

I run the first card in dual link for my main (30")
and the second card is for my (2) 21" sides.(in portrait mode.)

I always watercool.
===================================================
now the questions
Is it possible to have (3) GTX 285 where as one would be used for the (2) sides and the other (2) cards to run SLI on my main 30" one?

Or would I have to go ahead and run (2) GTX 285 for main in SLI and (1) GTX 8800 for my 2 side monitor's?

Is this easily done with somethign as simple as just only attaching the 2pin SLI cable and not the 3 pin SLI cable that came with the mobo to 2 cards...

Currently I just got a new mobo that supports 3 cards, as a present (asus rampage ex II)

I have 3 GTX280 in Tri-SLi and i can use 3 Monitors? (tested it right now for you)
maybe u should install newest drivers...? or i dont know well... even nvidia page shows it since a few weeks, that u can run more than 1 monitore while running sli :rolleyes:

sorry if I didnt exoplain it better.

At the moment I have (1) GTX 285 not installed.

I do have (2) GTX 8800's in my machine at the present time. But with my machine atm If i switch to sli from non sli, the side monitors lose connection until i exit sli mode, (do your monitors require a duel link connection as my 30" does).(basically even thou it only has one cable comming from the card, the other port must remain empty in order to run a monitor as my main) I think its using both cards for he main display in order to be in sli mode.

Back