Here we go again - X1800XT CF due tomorrow from ASS

WarlordBB

Limp Gawd
They _really_ should think about renaming for a better acronym

Well, luckily I was one of the very first to receive a retail X1800XT and, if things go right (and unless I'm behind on some news) I will be one of the first to get a retail X1800XT CF tomorrow thanks to Allstarshop.

I just verified that my order is being processed for shipping which they say doesn't gaurantee it will go out today but they are trying to make sure as best as possible.

Will post back with pics and experiences even though my OC skillz won't do it justice I'm sure.

Sweet mate.

I just ordered one myself, from Savastore here in the UK. Should get it by Thursday. It's the GeCube brand, and I hope it's compat with the Sapphire X1800XT, I'm sure it will be.

Now, who will be the first to dare flash the bios? :eek:

It's official, Fedex says:

Ship date
Dec 20, 2005

Estimated delivery
Dec 21, 2005 3:00 PM

You sure that was retail?

Sampsa got some goodies last week or thereabouts but that wasn't through retail channels.

Link?

Nevermind, I just found the thread. Guess I've been out of the loop.

No need for pictures either I guess.

Just ignore this post, "these aren't the card you're looking for".

NO NO NO... post picks as I might go pick one up on Thursday. Joys of having ASS within will call distance.

I'm only having a hard time because the R580 is due in a month or so.

What board are you using? I am thinking of swapping my DFI for the Asus board.

Yeah, post pics Warlord, mine might not arrive tomorrow :mad:

R1ckCa1n, why are you thinking of swapping the DFI board? I like it after spending so much time getting it right! Okay, USB sucks, but meh.

As for the R580 coming out soon, it has me pondering. If it is as kick-arse as the hype, I'll see what I can get for my X1800XT CF setup and see if it's worth the 'upgrade'. Mind you, I think ATI will take a leaf out of NV's book and price the X1900 (?) at if not higher, than the price of a 7800GTX 512. Can't see it being the same price as the X1800XT.

I'm waiting on my X1800XT CF to arrive and the holidays. I have FEAR, King Kong, Quake 4, Area 51, and Starship Troopers all to play yet! I better remember to eat...

Well, Fedex just told me, "looks like it is still in Santa Anna because of weather conditions".

WTF?!?

What, the sun is in the pilot's eyes? :rolleyes:

Extreme bummer. Supposedly here tomorrow... :mad:

I'm using my RDX Rick, I'm going to skip the ASUS for now and jump right to the RD580 upgrade later.

I'll be doing hte R580 too, no doubt so I'm not worried about "waiting" (and I know you aren't one to either, but I almost did with the R580 like you are thinking about too).

WarlordBB said:
Well, Fedex just told me, "looks like it is still in Santa Anna because of weather conditions".

WTF?!?

What, the sun is in the pilot's eyes? :rolleyes:

Extreme bummer. Supposedly here tomorrow... :mad:

I'm using my RDX Rick, I'm going to skip the ASUS for now and jump right to the RD580 upgrade later.

I'll be doing hte R580 too, no doubt so I'm not worried about "waiting" (and I know you aren't one to either, but I almost did with the R580 like you are thinking about too).
santa ana, CA?

Right Now for
Santa Ana, CA
Save this Location

On The Spot Weather

Partly Cloudy
72°F
Feels Like
72°F
Updated Dec 21 03:25 p.m. PT

UV Index: 0 Low
Wind: From SW at 6 mph
Humidity: 47%
Pressure: 30.11 in.
Dew Point: 50°F
Visibility: 10.0 miles

Might be due to weather outside of Santa Ana as that is where the aiport is location (about 8 miles from me) which experienced mid 70's today :)

I was so steamed I wasn't listening closely but the lady said something along the lines of:

"Yea, we show that package still in CA"

ME: "What!"

"Yea, it took off but was re-routed back to another airport. It's in Santa Ana right now waiting for clear weather but they've already added 24 hours to the expected delivery".

ME: What kind of 2 bit operation are y'all running there! (in my head)

(out loud): "Thanks for checking"

I would have yelled if I thought it would do any good but no sense in it.

Oh well, we close early tomorrow so it will probably come after we close up and I go home.

<sigh>

Well I'm fucked off!

My X1800XT "Crossfire Master" arrived today, except it didn't. A GeCube X1800XT arrived for sure, but it wasn't a Crossfire Edition. I had a sneaky suspicion when I looked at the box; I would have expected the "Crossfire Edition" to be emblazoned all over the box, but it wasn't.

Opening the box and inspecting the card and contents confirmed my thoughts - it's a standard X1800XT. I called up Savastore and thought there might have been a picking error, but they don't sell any normal GeCube X1800XT's...so it looks like all their "masters" are infact the standard card. Who is wrong here? I suspect Savastore here, as GeCube haven't advertised the card as a master on the box so I don't know where Savastore got the idea it was a master.

It's on it's way back on the RMA Highway Express, they had better not try and charge me a restocking fee for it was their error. They can go and fucking jump.

1800cf_small.jpg

More pics, benchies and whatnot to follow as I have time in between parties today and tomorrow.

Which is why I wanted it here _yesterday_ when I had time to do all this!

BTW: ASS does what the say they're going to do so I was not surprised to find the real deal in my package.

Yes, and because of the shipping mess up, ASS has offered to allow an RMA for refund which they would not normally do with this card.

However, because of sales tax, Newegg's would have cost me $650 to get here and after I pay to ship this one back, we're talking $50.

Meh, I'm keeping this one.

Back