Here we go.....280x starting to show

yeh apparently that's what they did, make it a lower price on release but got rid of game bundle for now, even though they talked and talked about never settle forever bundle going to be part of their launch and all, so unless you push out for the limited edition 290x bf4 version :(

FYI it and many of the others are "rebrands" but not quite the same card either, vs something like the oem 8000 cards which are 100% rebranded.

FYI it and many of the others are "rebrands" but not quite the same card either, vs something like the oem 8000 cards which are 100% rebranded.

I love how everyone always acts surprised about the rebrand.

They have been doing it for years people...:rolleyes:

yeh apparently that's what they did, make it a lower price on release but got rid of game bundle for now, even though they talked and talked about never settle forever bundle going to be part of their launch and all, so unless you push out for the limited edition 290x bf4 version :(

Actually the 280x and the 7970 crossfire together. Thats about as re branded as it gets. This has been confirmed.

I love how everyone always acts surprised about the rebrand.

They have been doing it for years people...:rolleyes:

Both sides have been doing it. But after 2 years I think people expected all new architecture from AMD, which they did not yet get.

outside of the rebrand thing -- the fact you go from a $299 card and the next step in performance is up to the $700 dollar level.... will be interested what the 290 and 290x really do fall for final price.

At the 700-730 dollar level, I have no interest. We will see what I can get for $599, at this point my best hope would be a 290 that can overclock like crazy to yield 290x like performance.

Luckily with Mantle on the horizon for games, if it's as big of a hit as AMD is hoping for, my 7970's should still hold some value :)

well I think this just means they are taking the extra time to really optimize for the Rx300 series which will be facing Maxwell

...since AMD just released (or will in a week) Hawaii, by the time they're ready with new cards, Nvidia will be preparing to launch the successor to Maxwell (Volta?).

...since AMD just released (or will in a week) Hawaii, by the time they're ready with new cards, Nvidia will be preparing to launch the successor to Maxwell (Volta?).

Unlikely ...

We will probably see a refresh of Hawaii with new cards on 20nm in 2014.

Volta isn't due until 2015 I believe.

Nice cards. I'm happy with my Asus 7970 DCII w/ 3 games I picked up for $268 though. Works great at GHz Edition speeds w/ stock voltage.

I do like how Asus and MSI updated their 280X's with their latest coolers.

I wouldn't expect to see Nvidia release a new mega core gpu on their next release. By the time they do it will be a niche product like the titan. Considering all the fab problems with the current one I would expect them to face the same dilemma when they release Maxwell.

I just heard that ford was introducing a truck.
yep but its going to be called a 3 passenger open back, sport utility vehicle.

Why did you have to make the 280x sound like a pregnant women?

Back