Here we are months later, still no stock, and not a single 3080 that is less than $800 apart from the FE.

Really wish EVGA would allocate more to their queues. They could rack up so many new loyal customers if they did.

Reactions: x509
like this
And then also drive retail customers to other brands... I'm sure it's a balancing act.
They should not worry about retail. If they're the only game in town that will give you a fair shot at getting a card that will easily put them on top. I'm already wanting to buy from them due to being one of the best support/RMA but if they put more to their queues I'd buy the next gen from them as well no question.

They should not worry about retail. If they're the only game in town that will give you a fair shot at getting a card that will easily put them on top. I'm already wanting to buy from them due to being one of the best support/RMA but if they put more to their queues I'd buy the next gen from them as well no question.

You can't build brand recognition when the brand is nowhere to be seen but your own website...

I get what you're saying, but you have to try to keep everyone happy including the Neweggs, Amazons, and Best Buys of the world.

You can't build brand recognition when the brand is nowhere to be seen but your own website...

I get what you're saying, but you have to try to keep everyone happy including the Neweggs, Amazons, and Best Buys of the world.
They can still be listed on their sites though. This is one of those rare opportunities they should take advantage of, otherwise they will still just be "another brand" to most customers.

They have to worry about retail when they likely have existing contracts to fulfill.

I agree that EVGA should primarily fill queues instead of retail. At this point EVGA is a known entity. Not being at retail would not hurt their mind share and primarily dealing direct with customers would both help their brand loyalty and certainly be more profitable (it’s not uncommon for the retail chain to take 30% between distributors and retail profits). They should, in my opinion, leave the retail model and move straight to direct sales. It’s a worthwhile evolution in the modern sales model. It seems like Zotac may have began that transition. On my discord ampere stock tracking chats, Zotac seems to come up far more than any other card brand and it’s always seemingly directly from the Zotac store.

What we don’t know is if EVGA is primarily filling step up queue and prioritizing those over notify queue. This would be silent to the masses and in some ways their step up queue would be more important for overall customer satisfaction/loyalty — and we know there are many many thousands of those step up requests.

Oh and BTW. GameStop still sells Asus Tuf OC 3080 for $750, which was old MSRP, but good luck getting one. They are always out of stock by the time I get the discord notification, even if I check instantly as it is received. (2x in the last day)

Other than that, yeah it’s just Founders Edition at Best Buy.

Oh and BTW. GameStop still sells Asus Tuf OC 3080 for $750, which was old MSRP, but good luck getting one. They are always out of stock by the time I get the discord notification, even if I check instantly as it is received. (2x in the last day)

Other than that, yeah it’s just Founders Edition at Best Buy.
I just went to the Gamestop.com web site and I couldn't find any Nvidia cards at all. Are they hidden in some obscure corner of the website?

Back