cageymaru

Fully [H]
PCTechHub on YouTube has been sent the all new Samsung C32JG53 32" curved gaming monitor with AMD FreeSync support to review. While the resolution is a letdown for productivity, the 144Hz refresh rate is great for gamers according to the reviewer. He goes over the pros and cons of the monitor in the video. During the review, he mentions that Samsung is releasing a 1440p version of the all white monitor in 2019.

This is the Brand new Gaming Monitor from Samsung but how does it perform? Is 32" too big for a 1920x1080 panel?

Good grief, I hate white PC gear as much as I hate them in beige.

One a more related note, I think my next monitor will be the Samsung QLED HDR 1440p 144Hz offering.

Still waiting for my 35" 200hz...

Also I couldn't watch that video because his case is so big it had its own gravity field, my eyes couldn't escape its visual event horizon.

That stand is ass. Its going to wobble. You'll need to get a separate stand

1080p 32" monitor? Oh hell no. Even 1440p would be pushing it at that size, 1080p would look horrible.

No curve, No 1080p, No 144hz.

Flat, 4k, 240hz, true 10bit panel.

Yeah, you're not getting that any time soon and no chance in hell of getting hardware capable of running games at 4k/240 it for the next 5-10 years. Also, better be ready to drop a cool 3-5k+ whenever display tech even makes it possible to make a monitor like that.

Still waiting for my 35" 200hz...

Also I couldn't watch that video because his case is so big it had its own gravity field, my eyes couldn't escape its visual event horizon.

This is the ASUS monitor I really want to get as well. May need to sell a slightly used, battered and bruised kidney to afford it though.

1080p 32" monitor? Oh hell no. Even 1440p would be pushing it at that size, 1080p would look horrible.

Yeah, you're not getting that any time soon and no chance in hell of getting hardware capable of running games at 4k/240 it for the next 5-10 years. Also, better be ready to drop a cool 3-5k+ whenever display tech even makes it possible to make a monitor like that.

Asus had a ROG swift listed on their site as recent as March planning 4k 34" 144hz IPS. There was discussion on UWSG about how it was announced in 2017 then pushed back twice to march 2018 then 3rd quarter 2018 and now I cant find it. Acer also anounced a predator product with similar specs that haven't materized. The price points for both were $1999 msrp. I'm suspicious that theres some serious technological manufacturing issues causing the hold ups for 144hz 4k Ultra. So I would guess that 240hz most definitely not happening 3-5 years minimum.

Asus had a ROG swift listed on their site as recent as March planning 4k 34" 144hz IPS. There was discussion on UWSG about how it was announced in 2017 then pushed back twice to march 2018 then 3rd quarter 2018 and now I cant find it. Acer also anounced a predator product with similar specs that haven't materized. The price points for both were $1999 msrp. I'm suspicious that theres some serious technological manufacturing issues causing the hold ups for 144hz 4k Ultra. So I would guess that 240hz most definitely not happening 3-5 years minimum.

I remember that. I'd suspect a panel issue maybe. Both companies use AUO panels so I wonder if they had production and yield issues with the 4k 144hz panel preventing those monitors from coming to the market any time soon.

Where is my 57" 16K 960Hz inverse curved screen that was promised?

I had a 1920*1200 27" display a few years ago and it was already bad at that size (not that I noticed it that much before going to 2560*1440 on the same size).
But 32" must be really bad at 1080p!

27" and higher should really be at least 1440p imho.

JC, that white monitor is like Bruce Willis in Die Hard 3 going to the hood..... just asking to get murdered by all the black PC hardware it's mismatched with! Nice going Samsung, I would have to break out my spray paint and fix your crApple inspired choice of color. At least you included VESA mounts.

curved monitors/TV's are still a thing in 2018??…stop it already...flat screens are the only ones that should be manufactured

I bought a 27" 1080p monitor years ago. I thought it was too big for 1080p (pixels/clarity) and hated it. I gave it to my kid and went back to using a 24" 1080p. I have a 32" 1440p monitor and I think that's roughly equivalent dpi-wise to a 24" 1080p. I'd hard pass on this samsung.

Yeah, 27" at 1080p would be my limit. 32" 1440p is my sweet spot.

40" at 4k was do-able for me, but my hardware isn't there yet to run it adequately yet. So that's relegated to console duties.

curved monitors/TV's are still a thing in 2018??…stop it already...flat screens are the only ones that should be manufactured

According to whom? I actually enjoy a curved screen, especially on ultra wide monitors.

Oh, and 1080p is too low res for this size of monitor, and has been for a long time.

Curved screen... I'm out. I like my geometry undistorted, and not like a goldfish bowl CRT from the 50s.

I have been wondering recently if manufacturers are making large screens with low res at a really low price point in order to get a consumer hooked on a large screen size. So when the consumer realizes "OMG this looks like ass" they then spend more on a same size panel but higher res. Like a longer term bait and switch but the manufacturers wins twice since the consumer pays twice.

Back