cageymaru

Fully [H]
Fight your way through the Path of Exile: Synthesis expansion to learn of Cavas and recover his lost memories. Players will experience new boss fights, mobs, rewards, story, and lore. Gamers will be able to craft all new items from fragments found throughout Wraeclast. The deeper that you explore Cavas's mind, the more challenging the encounters will become. The expansion features a new Holy Spellcaster archetype and Chaos Spellcaster archetype. Path of Exile: Synthesis will launch on March 8th (PST) on PC, March 11 on Xbox One and mid-March on PlayStation 4.

Path of Exile's 3.6 Expansion and Challenge League is called SYNTHESIS! In this league we'll attempt to piece together the memories of Cavas, a spirit who has forgotten who he was. Cavas will take us to the Memory Nexus where we can use his found memories to creates paths in the void - in the process claiming new Fractured items and turning them into Synthesised items! In this video I explain the new Synthesis League mechanics, as well as giving a first look at the new chaos skill Soulrend, and the new Holy spell Divine Ire as well as a look at a new Shaper unique "The Eternity Shroud".

Have to admit oh, thank God for grinding gear games. With blizzard Activision crapping the bed, it's nice to have a viable Diablo alternative out there that's continuing to grow.

even neater that it's being actively developed still and still cooler that it's mostly free to play. About the only thing I would recommend is someone invest in getting stash tabs. They make the game a lot easier to manage. And those end up going on sale once a month.

Pretty deep game and pretty cool. nice to have something I could talk positively about instead of all the negative press with all the crap out there with the major publishers

This looks like fun. I like Diablo type games. I wonder if the PS4 version will require Playstation Plus. I hope not.

Grim Dawn is better =P Might not have the same length new DLC Forgotten Gods is coming out.

Grim Dawn is better =P Might not have the same length new DLC Forgotten Gods is coming out.

Grim dawn is really good, but it lacks the complexity and character development POE has, better is subjective, that's like people saying Diablo3 is better as an ARPG, but I mean atleast it has the action part, Right???

Reactions: Rahh
like this
DO YOU NOT ALL HAVE PHONES??????, I still don't understand the balls it takes to berate your customer base like this, GGG and POE was almost created as a complete Fuck you to Blizzard because Diablo 3 was so horrendous, and yet they continue to screw over the fanbase, I love the POE seasonal events they really freshen up the game and usually round out paths to gearing that otherwise could be harder for a more casual player to farm , I mean sure no casual is going to farm on the starter area Hillock for 3 weeks to possibly get a ridiculously rare sword, but I think that is the games success and triumph like Diablo 1/2 it caters to everybody casual and hardcore, and provides some ridiculous challenges.

If you are going to sink money into POE, buy a supporter pack and then use it for inventory space, it makes your life so much easier, particularly the Specialty tabs and the Quad stash tabs, you get some cosmetics and space, while cosmetics are nice, they are the last thing people should worry about, like the mystery boxes and such. Wait for sales as its the most optimal time, otherwise just make multiple accounts the Devs don't care and presented that as a solution for those with tight budgets that want to enjoy the game.

GGG and POE was almost created as a complete Fuck you to Blizzard because Diablo 3 was so horrendous

GGG was in early development of PoE back in 2007, and sent out their game announcement in late 2010. The ultra-slow development of D3 along with its terrible launch state in 2012 certainly helped Path of Exile, but the game itself was more inspired by D2 and Magic the Gathering than anything else. It's so insane how far the game has come since beta though!

Grim Dawn is good too but it lacks a closed server online environment and also lacks randomly generated levels, so the two products kinda end up targeting different users depending on what you're looking for in an ARPG. No reason not to play both though, unless you don't want to pay for Grim Dawn.

PoE is awesome but I just don't have the time to invest in it. This is the only reason I liked D3 over it for me personally. In the long run I much rather play PoE if I had the time.

GGG was in early development of PoE back in 2007, and sent out their game announcement in late 2010. The ultra-slow development of D3 along with its terrible launch state in 2012 certainly helped Path of Exile, but the game itself was more inspired by D2 and Magic the Gathering than anything else. It's so insane how far the game has come since beta though!

Very true, but on the development side when D3 flopped even in beta, GGG I would say reoriented the game to pick up where Blizzard failed with D3 a more direct competitor. Personally I'm just glad they listened to the fans of arpgs that wanted a specific type of game, like keeping more a turn based combat system compared to Diablo 3's arcade action style combat. I dont mind progress being made with critical systems in a game but what I do mind is when they take a franchise and gut what made it famous and turn it on it's head and act like everyone should eat it up without a word said, there are alot of people that will drone on about toxic and entitled gamers, but they never look in the mirror as a corporation and see how they are no different acting toxic and entitled themselves, and then just slinging around well they did alot of work and we're just being passionate about their work.

Part of why GGG does so well is because they don't screw and jerk the fans around. The most toxicity I have seen in forums was about the Nerf to Queen of the Forest chest piece that totally broke the game, and farmers were pissed that the server breaking speed people achieved was no longer available, but when you look at Delve you can clearly see why they did what they did and the 5% of the player base that abused it over abused it.

I'm good with PoE for two months. Then I get burnt out. New league starts, play for two months, burnt out. Grim Dawn was good too.

Until there is a full respect option this game will continue to be niche. I just do not have the time to invest in a game that I have to a) do end game research before I even start or b) play through the game only to realize that a decision I made at lvl 10 (not knowing) over 40 hours of gameplay ago now fucks over my character.

This is force artificial replay and garbage this day and age.

Until there is a full respect option this game will continue to be niche. I just do not have the time to invest in a game that I have to a) do end game research before I even start or b) play through the game only to realize that a decision I made at lvl 10 (not knowing) over 40 hours of gameplay ago now fucks over my character.

Very much feel the same way, but I love the game and will probably play it until I can't any longer. I do like all of the updates that can force a respec, but I get what your saying. And, I'm sure I'll never understand all of the ins and outs of the specs, gems, and equipment. But it's so fun watching mobs splode!

Ah this brings back memories of streaming Kripparian and theorycrafting.

1. You do get a free full respec option every 3 months.
2. I'd argue the in-game options to respec isn't TOO bad, but it's subjective
3. You're absolutely right about the mechanics, however you can play through the main campaign in pretty much whatever you want. It's only once you get to the actual end-game where you need a real plan. Blindly following a build guide that's well known usually works out pretty well though. I sure as hell didn't come up with all the tricks for the characters I'm using, I followed a guide.

I gave up on the POE gear grind because that's all it really is.

Pretty much this. Also don't EVER try to make your own build, you've got to follow a detailed guide if you don't want to hit a wall before reaching end game.

Pretty much this. Also don't EVER try to make your own build, you've got to follow a detailed guide if you don't want to hit a wall before reaching end game.

Exactly. I learned that too late. The FOTM recipe ends up being kind of restrictive. It wouldn't be so bad if you could pay with in-game currency to change specs, but a 3 month CD is silly.

I haven't had a problem doing my own builds and doing end game. Characters do not have to be min \ maxed or completely optimized to kick ass.

I haven't had a problem doing my own builds and doing end game. Characters do not have to be min \ maxed or completely optimized to kick ass.
So you just winged it with a build then went and beat Uber Elder, Crystal King, T16 incursions huh?

Back