Here Is the New Atomic Heart: 10 Minute Gameplay Trailer

cageymaru

Fully [H]
IGN has posted a new Atomic Heart: 10 minute gameplay trailer. Enjoy!

Atomic Heart came out of nowhere last year and jumped on a lot of people's radars, thanks to its BioShock-on-acid weirdness (in a good way). Check out a huge new chunk of gameplay! Look up Mundfish on YouTube for more.

Kind of digging the imagery and the overall background story of it. One thing I'm not digging is he's whacking robots with the spiky pole arm dohickey and doing pretty well, gets a shotgun, unloads quite a few shots into a robot and gets knocked on his ass and nearly gets the crap kicked out of him

Damn that's the most promising game I've seen in years. Eerie and disturbing in all the right ways, and the robot enemies are actually hard rather than one shot kill ezmode. I initially thought Metro meets Bioshock, but it seems to transcend both in unique enough ways that those comparisons are too simplistic and might not do it justice.

I'll be playing this one.

Last edited:
Looks interesting. Hope it doesn't end up being a 50-60 hours grind fest with a slog of lifeless side quests that get in the way of any meaningful story/setting progression. A game that puts an emphasis on combat, setting & story is sorely needed right now.

seemed repetitive in killing robots lol. Hopefully its just more then fighting robots the entire game. lol

Seems more like Turok or Serious Sam to me. Interesting, the only thing I dislike at first glance is that the reticule is an iron cross, it looks really weird and distracting.

Digging the setting

Kind of digging the imagery and the overall background story of it. One thing I'm not digging is he's whacking robots with the spiky pole arm dohickey and doing pretty well, gets a shotgun, unloads quite a few shots into a robot and gets knocked on his ass and nearly gets the crap kicked out of him
I would chalk this up to an alphas balance + devs usually suck at playing -> needing some help
For instance it seems unlikely for the player in the final game to take so little damage while getting you're ass handed to you so much

seemed repetitive in killing robots lol. Hopefully its just more then fighting robots the entire game. lol
Did you see the "yeti" thing in the beginning?

I don't know, but the floating chicken make me hopeful Mundfish is going to be creative with enemies

Nice. This looks like something to tide me over until Stalker comes back (if it ever comes back)

That was some of the wierdest stuff I've watched in a long while. Windows(?) flapping, spinning amusement park type transports, circular saw-blade face walking balls... Mundfish has gone off the deep end with Atomic Heart and I like it.

Looks comparable to HL1 gameplay but not as advanced as HL2 with its environmental physics. Just interacting with enemies and not the environment gets stale after awhile.

I have some reservations, but this looks cool. Certainly looks more original than anything that came out in 2018...

It's on Steam but no release date sometime 2019
Game reminds me of Bioshock just the records playing the background graphics are realistic looking.

the atmosphere of the game was great.

ray tracing could play well in this game with such an atmosphere. could be neat

The graphic is pretty neat.
The atmosphere is nicely creepy. In two or three years with a properly powerful ray tracing GPU, this could look really nice.
The enemies seem too strong and the guy's weapons too weak.

This could be a fun distraction but Metro Exodus is the next thing I'm getting.

the optimization looks stellar, makes you sick after few min of gameplay, what rig was used to run that demo ? because that looked like 10-30 fps range, the motion blur just makes it worse.

Agreed - looks good.. so, *sigh* what's the downside? F2P with 6 person servers? RayTraced or bust? Microtransactioned for an ammo pouch?

Looks great but showing off Alpha footage makes me think this is another early access BS game. No more preorders for me, you want my money, release the game, make it work at launch then I buy.

Somehow I've never seen anything on this one before. It looks cool - reminds me a lot of Bioshock (which I couldn't get into for some reason...)

good lord, the first 30secs is enough to make me want to barf.

(bad jittery framerate, motion blur, headbob, narrow fov. wtf settings..)

other tech demos and trailers of this game is good though

It certainly looks interesting. This is the first time it has popped up on my radar. I will wait on reviews, if they are positive I will give it a go.

good lord, the first 30secs is enough to make me want to barf.

(bad jittery framerate, motion blur, headbob, narrow fov. wtf settings..)

other tech demos and trailers of this game is good though

Yeah, agree. The environment looks beautiful - but the motion blur was excessively excessive.

Back