cageymaru

Fully [H]
4A Games has released a new Metro Exodus trailer that highlights the weapons system in the game. It shows how handmade guns of post-apocalyptic Russia can be altered with modifications to suit the user's preferences. Metro Exodus has a February 15, 2019 release date on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC!

Metro Exodus is an epic, story-driven first person shooter from 4A Games that blends deadly combat and stealth with exploration and survival horror in one of the most immersive game worlds ever created. Flee the shattered ruins of dead Moscow and embark on an epic, continent-spanning journey across post-apocalyptic Russia in the greatest Metro adventure yet. Explore the Russian wilderness in vast, non-linear levels and follow a thrilling story-line inspired by the novels of Dmitry Glukhovsky that spans an entire year through spring, summer and autumn to the depths of nuclear winter.

After playing the original and the redux, I think they could make bank showing these guns, then surprising everyone with cheap ammo plans. As cheap as 5 gems or whatever.

Meh. So amazing you can rebuild your cannon behind a garbage can. LOL. I like a workbench for that nonsense.

As well those pistols are pitiful. I run a Revolver in F76 and its a magnum with a long barrel. One shots most everything medium sized on down. My 10mm Pistol is full auto and a lovely gun.

I hope the weapon sounds are actually fixed for this game. In the first two games, including the Redux versions, the weapons sounded absolutely pathetic. The only way to make the guns sound loud like they should was to end up with all the other sounds being extremely too loud. And please nobody give me any bullshit answer that this didn't happen for them as it was the game and nothing to do with my sound system. I've played the games on various computers and it was the same issue. In fact I've even played the games on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox and the guns were just as weak sounding on those versions too.

This game keeps looking better and better to me. I will do something i usually don't and preorder it. Now i just need a worthy upgrade. My 480 looks like it will struggle with this game.

I agree with the post above. Needs more RTX

I could care less about about the guns, metro with way more outside stages YES! And that looks like a fun game not so much you can build a gun out your bag...that should be a homebase type of thing.

This has a feeling of Fallout, except actually trying to innovate here.

Kind of bummed this title doesn't currently have Linux support native, since multiple previous Metro titles have been native Linux for a long time now :( Hope that changes, this could scratch my FO itch I have ;D

Needs moar rtx.

This game keeps looking better and better to me. I will do something i usually don't and preorder it. Now i just need a worthy upgrade. My 480 looks like it will struggle with this game.

I agree with the post above. Needs more RTX

Other than a gfx card platform what is rtx and how does it compare to dxr? :ROFLMAO:

I hope the weapon sounds are actually fixed for this game. In the first two games, including the Redux versions, the weapons sounded absolutely pathetic. The only way to make the guns sound loud like they should was to end up with all the other sounds being extremely too loud.

I always thought the sound was fine because the intent (I assumed in my mind) was to make them sound like hodgepodge glued together scrap piles with inferior ammo. Which they were.

I hope the voice acting is improved in this...in the previous games they were pretty bad...kids voices in particular sounded like adults pretending to be young

I always thought the sound was fine because the intent (I assumed in my mind) was to make them sound like hodgepodge glued together scrap piles with inferior ammo. Which they were.
Sorry but most of the weapons should indeed be quite loud but NONE of them were. The gun sounds were so weak that it just killed the immersion for me. Hell the sound of reloading was just as loud as the guns firing...

That's interesting about the gun firing noise, I guess it'd be a good user option to have. I'd rather not go deaf trying to enjoy a game though. Guns are extremely loud.. I guess it could've been just a tad louder by default

Anywho been looking forward to this game, should be fun to explore outside the metro station

Loved all the Metro games so far, this one has a lot to live up to.

Over the next few weeks I will go back and play the previous Metro games in preparation for the new one.

I've been pretty stoked about this game for a while. The new weapon mod system seems pretty cool, I just hope it's not overly complicated.

Always like the weapon mod system of the metros's. Seen it on many games, and each with their own flavor, but something about taking a nice revolver, adding stock, scope, extended barrel and turning it into a mini rifle was pretty cool to me. I actually felt like I learned some historical aspect of the evolution from pistols to rifles or vice versa. Also liked how the visuals truly changed for the weapon mods, some other games the models were barely noticeable, and the way they functioned truly changed. Least favorite was the air gun.

Game is too expensive at launch otherwise I might go for it again I refunded it last week. I mean I got Metro Last Light for 7.00

For everyone wanting the RTX experience, just set the Youtube Video playspeed to 0.50 :ROFLMAO:

It looks cool and I'm almost definitely going to buy it, however being a fan of the previous installments it appears that this game is missing a critical concept that made old games so good which is morals. Here all they show is just shooting and killing which was not what it was about in old games. It kind of makes me sad and I hope I'm wrong with this observation.

Back