Here Is the Announcement Trailer for Cities: Skylines - Industries

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Many of us were disappointed in the last version of SimCity and purchased Cities: Skylines to satiate our desire for a modern city builder style game . Now we have a reason to fire it up again as a new expansion for Cities: Skylines called Industries is set to release on October 23, 2018.

In Cities: Skylines, Industry becomes a larger and more meaningful part of the game. Players can customize their industrial areas with supply chains for the four different resource types and unique factories. Well managed industry areas will level up and become more efficient. Aside from production chains, there is a new city service for handling mail and the cargo airport eases import and export of factory goods.

I have this for ps4, really want for PC but with all the expansions i'm looking at the price of a small car.

I have this for ps4, really want for PC but with all the expansions i'm looking at the price of a small car.
I got the base game on steam for $10, addons can be had for less when on sale. Check out cdkeys too, they sometimes have the addons for ~ $6.

Yeah its the Paradox (publisher) paradox. The more the expansions, the greater the longevity and value Skylines has. While at the same time disuading anyone from actually picking the game up for the first time.

How is this? I saw it on origin access. Havent played a city builder forever

The best city builder game currently, and its traffic management/road systems are second to none. I have literally played for weeks just trying to perfect my cities road network.

Love this game! My GF and I became so addicted to this over a period of about a week that that's all we did all day long over several days. Luckily we were able to snap out of the the curse somehow and get back to real iife.

I love that this game came along at a time when consumers / game lovers really needed saving from the evil clutches of EA and SimCity. City - Skylines completely and totally fcked EA and I love that even more about this game.

Great game!

The best city builder game currently, and its traffic management/road systems are second to none. I have literally played for weeks just trying to perfect my cities road network.

Currently, sure. Let's hope .... always until someone other than EA doesn't release anything.

if SimCity ever does reappear again it will be so loaded down, embedded with microtransactions that it would be sickening. Seriously.

I have Sim City 2013 with all the addons, I preordered... I was excited! I also have Cities Skylines with all the addons minus Natural Disasters, Snow Fall (anyone have a key from last years Jingle Jam they don’t want/need) and a few radio stations.

I honestly like both. They both have done different things for me well. For one, in Sim City I really like the setting up industry, coal/oil mines, chip fabs etc, Skylines already introduces recycling in a dlc as an offset income, it was appreciated. So if this new dlc gets me more of that I’m supper happy and it’ll wean me further off sim city. Sim City also had multiplayer which kinda works/worked something I’d love to see in Skylines.

Things I’m not crazy into is the traffic management in Skylines, it can be crazy complex and time consuming/frustrating/donting but utamently can be very satisfying. Traffic knows no bounds. I could be wrong here but I feel like this game was always based off Cities in Motion and they’ve been building on everything Sim City offered onto that, in a great way!

If your looking for a fun city
builder by all means grab the base game work your way up from their. DLC rarely goes below 50% on steam, seems like a new paridox policy change this year. But their are always tricks and deals to get them a bit cheaper if your really interested and have the time to shop around.

Remember Sim City, Tropico1-5 and the 3 ish Anno’s complete editions can commonly be had for Cities Skylines base sale price these days, to mention but a few reasonably, in this catagory of game if your just looking to scratch an itch for a sim building game on the cheap with the full game dlc experience that are great fun too.

But yeah Cities Skyline is definitely this generations “Sim City” we all wanted, I won’t even go into the crapton of free workshop assets and mods that are available. For a hardcore fan it’s a must buy!

I've already racked up 200+ hours in this one, even without most of the DLCs. I won't complain about them releasing more paid content - these guys deserve our money compared to the big studios. If it were EA (not that they're capable of this quality), they would release separate titles and charge full price for what should be expansions. SC4 was a masterpiece, but the lineage is dead now - EA will never put this kind of effort into a city builder.

Yes, +1 for this game and the extra content available in the workshop. Plenty of excellent quality of life mods or mods that give greater control over subsystems like traffic or transit lines.

Really the only game from Paradox that I don't complain, too much about the DLC's. Buy on sale for sure but most of them are worth it. Try the main game next steam sale since its usually $10 now. Parklife is a bit weak, same with Green cities. At times the game is more of a traffic management sim though.

I got the base game on steam for $10, addons can be had for less when on sale. Check out cdkeys too, they sometimes have the addons for ~ $6.

Oh yea, it's 8 bucks on cdkeys. I assume i can add it to steam and then pick up addons when they go on sale. This runs like garbage on ps4 in case anyone is wonrdering.

It's not like Europa Universalis where you really need to buy certain DLC, the base game is very good. After Dark, Mass Transit, and Natural Disasters are the main ones that expand the core game.

Really the only game from Paradox that I don't complain, too much about the DLC's. Buy on sale for sure but most of them are worth it. Try the main game next steam sale since its usually $10 now. Parklife is a bit weak, same with Green cities. At times the game is more of a traffic management sim though.
The team behind Skylines started with the 'Cities in Motion' transit sims, and while Skylines very much captures the fun of Simcity you can definitely sense its roots.

Oh yea, it's 8 bucks on cdkeys. I assume i can add it to steam and then pick up addons when they go on sale. This runs like garbage on ps4 in case anyone is wonrdering.
Yeah, thats what Ill do for some games, just have to be patient and check for sales. If its your first time using cdkeys, when clicking on the game you want, it will show what platform and region its available on. For this game its a worldwide steam code that they will email/text right away.

I bought it and played a little. Not my thing. I got hung up on the water lines, sewer lines, power lines, roads and the user interface. Tiny little things that should take zero thought, unless you're an actual civil engineer doing this in the real world.

despite the false representation, it is a a city-builder ala Cities XXL rather than a city-simulator ala Simcity

real funky algorithms, and on the much touted individually-simulated system, way too many quirks and shortcuts

Back