Here Is an Early Build of the "Beyond the Baltic Sea" DLC for Euro Truck Simulator 2

cageymaru

Fully [H]
The developers of Euro Truck Simulator 2 have decided to release some footage of their upcoming map expansion called Beyond the Baltic Sea. The DLC will feature locations within Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Finland, and parts of Russia. It is expected to launch on the Steam Store later this year.

A few glimpses from driving through Saint Petersburg in Euro Truck Simulator 2's upcoming DLC Beyond the Baltic Sea.

Stick this on VR, create real remote control trucks, and have the best players drive your fleets for free!

Yeah that sim truck better have a dashcam, no where else in the world are a dashcam more needed than in Russia.
Having watched dashcam videos for years i come to the conclusion that i am only going driving in Russia if i can do so in a rental T72 or T90

I've always wondered who plays these games, I can see trying it out for an hour or two but after that it's got to get real boring, real fast.

I have more of an issue of how quickly that truck stopped at the toll booth. Thing stopped like a mid-sized sedan.

I can see a trucker play this after getting fired and being replaced by self driving trucks.

I've always wondered who plays these games, I can see trying it out for an hour or two but after that it's got to get real boring, real fast.
Simulations are quite big in Germany, for example. :) I like ETS2 ... OTOH, I'm a German :D

I have more of an issue of how quickly that truck stopped at the toll booth. Thing stopped like a mid-sized sedan.
A lot of things can be changed in the options menu. Brake force can go from "let's plop down a brick wall in front of me" to "i think they forgot the brake system in the factory", similarly, Trailer stability can be changed from "wheee, going around tight curvy roads with 130km/h" to "shitshitshitshit, 20km/h is way too fast for this intersection!"

Game can be played quite arcady with incremental gearbox and automatic "drive reverse" when pressing "backwards/brake" while standing... or needing a proper H-shifter and training to use said H-shifter to utilize 16 gears :D

Simulations are quite big in Germany, for example. :) I like ETS2 ... OTOH, I'm a German :D

Maybe I'm more exposed to a lot more fun things.

Always wondered why simulations are so popular here in Germany.

Bug I think I've found a fitting meme
41szklzjyal._sx425_.jpg

I... actually am at work right now :p

Also, "fun", the same as "beauty" is in the eye of the beholder.
Just check taste in music, movies, books, sexual partners, games, houses/appartments, cars or comedy.

What you might find "more fun", I might find boring, stupid or lazy. :)

Has anyone tried these games that has actually driven trucks? I ask this because I may enter training to be an on-road supervisor for drivers. I've never driven anything remotely close to semi size vehicles and have been kicking around grabbing this LOL

You'd probably need to ask that on the SCS forums. But I honestly wouldn't be that surprised ;)
In any case, you can just grab it for a couple of bucks in a sale or ... other sources.

Why is there a bunch of monkeys with hammers for pictures on the main page?

YouTube was down last night...this was a somewhat humorous page that some users saw saying "A team of trained monkeys has been dispatched to fix the problem".

Me to!! Like just.... Why. Why does this game exist. Who in their right mind would pla... *trails off and just st starts shaking their head*

I've never played this game, but I can't help but wonder what it is like.

Several hours of endless highway miles? Sitting stuck in traffic?

I commute in traffic to work, I don't need to do this shit on my free time :p

Last edited:
I enjoy smoking my cigars and drinking my whiskeys while playing. it just gives me a few hours of chill time.

Me to!! Like just.... Why. Why does this game exist. Who in their right mind would pla... *trails off and just st starts shaking their head*
who in their right mind would play things like battle royals?

Uh, for a "simulator", breaking a truck from 20mph to zero in 0.1s is pretty embarrassing. I mean the one major difference between driving a car and driving a car is mass.
Also, I am missing the point of this. Driving a truck is a tiring job and possibly one of the few things it has going for it is that you are outdoors (sort of) and get to see some places. Why would you want to simulate it indoors? Simulate a tiring job, minus any of the good parts?

Uh, for a "simulator", breaking a truck from 20mph to zero in 0.1s is pretty embarrassing. I mean the one major difference between driving a car and driving a car is mass.
Also, I am missing the point of this. Driving a truck is a tiring job and possibly one of the few things it has going for it is that you are outdoors (sort of) and get to see some places. Why would you want to simulate it indoors? Simulate a tiring job, minus any of the good parts?

As said, breaking force can be adjusted.
Also, the same regarding your last few sentences can be said for a lot of games. More realistic FPS shooters for example ;)

Back