cageymaru

Fully [H]
AMD President and CEO Dr. Lisa Su was interviewed by the tech press after giving her keynote speech at CES 2019. PC Games Hardware on Youtube documented the interview and recently released a condensed version. Enjoy!

After the CES keynote, Lisa Su (CEO of AMD) joined a roundtable with a small group of journalist to answer some questions about Radeon VII, Ryzen 300 etc. PCGH was lucky enough to be part of the roundtable and we were able to record some of the questions.

I'm reaching an unhealthy place in our relationship, Dr. Su.

497px-Heart_icon_red_hollow.svg.png

Time to take some Metaboquil.

@7:27 - So confirming AdoredTV's speculation that she was intentionally testing core vs core. And next she brings up that empty space on the silicon when the chip was being presented. Yes it was for a second 8 core, 16 thread chip in the demo, another confirmation of recent speculations by hardcore tech enthusiasts covering this topic.

Reactions: GHRTW
like this
Jealous enough that rumour has it they are trying to poach her from AMD to fill their newly-empty CEO slot...

The question is do you want to stay and build a great legacy or do you want to move to the incumbent and keep them ahead. Intel missed the mobile wave, extremely late to and currently missing the deep learning wave (amazon and google make their own chips, so who are they going to sell anything to?)

I really like her level of professionalism. It's comforting to see a leader calmly rationally discuss their company and products.
Her response to NV adopting freesync was very classy. They even tried to provoke a smack talking soundbite, didn't get it.

Jensen seems to be going Full Ballmer more and more. I worry about him.

Just BS telling AMD fanboys what they wanted to hear. Only actions like better support not passing the driver buck to OEMs mean anything to me. My dad told me when I was a young boy you can BS some of the people all of the time or all of the people some of the time but you cannot BS all the people all of the time...... have a nice day

We get it, your bitter about your HP laptop drivers. It is really OT.

No none of you get it and you never will.......have a nice day
Yes. None of us have ever received poor service in some fashion that was not rectified. You absolutely are the only one.

Or alternatively we do get it. It fucking sucked for you and I’m sure others.

Just BS telling AMD fanboys what they wanted to hear. Only actions like better support not passing the driver buck to OEMs mean anything to me. My dad told me when I was a young boy you can BS some of the people all of the time or all of the people some of the time but you cannot BS all the people all of the time...... have a nice day

Reactions: Mega6
like this
Lisa Su is just what the doctor ordered for AMD. One foot in the technical-engineering world, one foot in the commercial and marketing world. She's the ideal match for AMD, imo. As an aside, even tech journalists try and put words into the mouths of the people they interview these days--loved her answer for "ray tracing" *cough* Had she a preference and if good manners dictated, she would have said, "horse dung!"....;) But she's much too classy to say that (even if I'm not)! Also enjoyed seeing how she corrected the various misstatements that have been made about the things she has actually said, "interpreted" by "tech journalists" trying to appear more knowledgeable about AMD than she is--which is pretty funny, you have to admit. If they spent more time listening and less time "interpreting" they'd be far better tech journalists, imo.

Back