Here Is AMD President and CEO Dr. Lisa Su's Interview from CES 2019

Discussion in '[H]ard|OCP Front Page News' started by cageymaru, Jan 18, 2019.

1. cageymaru

cageymaru [H]ard|News

AMD President and CEO Dr. Lisa Su was interviewed by the tech press after giving her keynote speech at CES 2019. PC Games Hardware on Youtube documented the interview and recently released a condensed version. Enjoy!

After the CES keynote, Lisa Su (CEO of AMD) joined a roundtable with a small group of journalist to answer some questions about Radeon VII, Ryzen 300 etc. PCGH was lucky enough to be part of the roundtable and we were able to record some of the questions.

2. Twisted Kidney

Twisted Kidney 2[H]4U

I'm reaching an unhealthy place in our relationship, Dr. Su.

497px-Heart_icon_red_hollow.svg.png

Time to take some Metaboquil.

3. harmattan

harmattan [H]ardness Supreme

Good to see AMD with quality leadership.

Red Falcon and Vercinaigh like this.
  4. and713

and713 [H]Lite

I wonder how jealous Intel is.

Vercinaigh and admiralperpetual like this.
  5. Krenum

Krenum [H]ardForum Junkie

She's done an amazing job turning the company around. Great interview, I like how down to earth she is, its refreshing.

Red Falcon, GHRTW, Vercinaigh and 4 others like this.
  6. Wierdo

Wierdo [H]ard|Gawd

@7:27 - So confirming AdoredTV's speculation that she was intentionally testing core vs core. And next she brings up that empty space on the silicon when the chip was being presented. Yes it was for a second 8 core, 16 thread chip in the demo, another confirmation of recent speculations by hardcore tech enthusiasts covering this topic.

GHRTW likes this.
  7. Nukester

Nukester [H]ard|Gawd

She is an outstanding spokeswoman and leader for AMD. I'm actually thinking about my first AMD card since my GTX970

GHRTW and Incontentia Buttocks like this.
  8. Cranky1970

Cranky1970 [H]Lite

That whole presentation was just AWESOME!!! Very impressed with her and the leadership at AMD.

Vercinaigh and Peter2k like this.
  9. DejaWiz

DejaWiz Oracle of Unfortunate Truths

Exciting times for AMD ahead...and hopefully worrisome for their competitors, especially the ones that need to be knocked off their pompous promontories.

Nukester, GHRTW, tordogs and 3 others like this.
  10. mvmiller12

mvmiller12 Gawd

Jealous enough that rumour has it they are trying to poach her from AMD to fill their newly-empty CEO slot...

11. Mega6

Mega6 [H]ard|Gawd

AMD is her baby, she will never do it.

Nukester and LightsOut41 like this.
  12. R_Type

R_Type Limp Gawd

The question is do you want to stay and build a great legacy or do you want to move to the incumbent and keep them ahead. Intel missed the mobile wave, extremely late to and currently missing the deep learning wave (amazon and google make their own chips, so who are they going to sell anything to?)

LightsOut41 likes this.
  13. PhaseNoise

PhaseNoise [H]ard|Gawd

I really like her level of professionalism. It's comforting to see a leader calmly rationally discuss their company and products.
    Her response to NV adopting freesync was very classy. They even tried to provoke a smack talking soundbite, didn't get it.

Jensen seems to be going Full Ballmer more and more. I worry about him.

Nukester likes this.
  14. Mega6

Mega6 [H]ard|Gawd

We get it, your bitter about your HP laptop drivers. It is really OT.

jmilcher and Zuul like this.
  15. Nolan7689

Nolan7689 [H]ard|Gawd

Yes. None of us have ever received poor service in some fashion that was not rectified. You absolutely are the only one.

Or alternatively we do get it. It fucking sucked for you and I’m sure others.

16. Krenum

Krenum [H]ardForum Junkie

Mega6 likes this.
  17. WaltC

WaltC [H]ard|Gawd

Lisa Su is just what the doctor ordered for AMD. One foot in the technical-engineering world, one foot in the commercial and marketing world. She's the ideal match for AMD, imo. As an aside, even tech journalists try and put words into the mouths of the people they interview these days--loved her answer for "ray tracing" *cough* Had she a preference and if good manners dictated, she would have said, "horse dung!"....;) But she's much too classy to say that (even if I'm not)! Also enjoyed seeing how she corrected the various misstatements that have been made about the things she has actually said, "interpreted" by "tech journalists" trying to appear more knowledgeable about AMD than she is--which is pretty funny, you have to admit. If they spent more time listening and less time "interpreting" they'd be far better tech journalists, imo.